Vista 20p Exit Delay on Instant and Stay - Disable?

Old 11-13-18, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20p Exit Delay on Instant and Stay - Disable?

with the help of this forum was able to have a great system with all the bells and whistles.

One thing i still cannot figure out is the EXIT DELAY for "Arm Instant" and "Arm Stay".
There is still a 60 second delay when i arm either of these.

In my mind, when you are already inside the home and want to Arm Stay or Instant I am already inside the home and DO NOT need the Exit Delay. It should ARM instantly without the exit delay.

I only see the *34 program but that is global from what it looks like.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Frank

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-18, 12:41 AM
Received 14 Votes on 14 Posts
I agree with you that it doesn't seem like you need an Exit Delay when you arm Instant or Stay---but you're stuck with the Exit Delay anyway. There's no program setting to get rid of it.

For what it's worth: Believe it or not, that mandatory Exit Delay saves a lot of false alarms. It's a statistical thing. Most people, like you, wouldn't open an exit door after arming Instant or Stay, but for some reason there are always a few users who occasionally _will_ open a door afterwards (go figure). User-Error-type False Alarms are still a serious problem for police and since the late 80's-early 90's, manufacturers have been doing everything they can to idiot-proof use of alarm systems and reduce the possible ways for Users to trip their systems by accident.

It's the same reason you can't get your Exit Delay below 45 seconds or your Entry Delay below 30 seconds: It holds down the number of false alarms.

Old 11-15-18, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
thank you for the response and thorough answer. Still wish there was a setting for us tinkerers.