How to show fault on 6160 while alarm is set

Old 12-02-18, 05:50 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to show fault on 6160 while alarm is set

Hello,

This is my first post. I can't begin to tell you the information I've learned from lurking on this site for a few years.

I have a Visa20P, 2 6160 keypads and a 6150.

Is it possible to have the 6160's display a fault while the alarm is set in Stay mode?

I'll explain what happens and what I want to happen.

I set the alarm to stay and wait until the exit timer reaches zero. On the display is "Armed Stay". An exterior door is opened. The display will then read "Disarm System or alarm occurs". If I let the system alarm, I get a readout telling me it was the front door. But I want to see that during the entry time.

The reason for this is that a few times at night something would fault and I wasn't sure what it was. If I disarmed the alarm, I would never know. I had to let the alarm activate to find out it was a bad sensor. But it got me to thinking, if someone did breach the perimeter, I would like to have a an idea of where they entered so we could plan our exit strategy or decide if we were going to hunker down.

Old 12-03-18, 10:49 PM
C
Received 43 Votes on 40 Posts
Unfortunately, there's no way to change how the keypad displays its messages, What you see is what you get.

The only thing I know to suggest for what you want is to arm your system in Instant Mode when you go to bed. This eliminates the Entry Delay (not the Exit Delay) so that if one of your Entry/Exit zones faults, the alarm is immediate and will show up on the display and in event memory.

It might also be helpful to keep the system in Chime Mode when you're home and don't have it armed. If any of your perimeter sensors develops random faulting, Chime could bring it to your attention while the system is disarmed--if you don't mind keeping track of who went in or out.

Old 12-10-18, 02:00 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks

The Instant Mode is a great idea. That would also give me immediate notification of where the perimeter was breached in the event of a "code red".

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: