Alarm system making loud sounds when disarming/arming!

Old 12-10-18, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Alarm system making loud sounds when disarming/arming!

Hello,

I have a DIY alarm system, which I have been using for about half a year now, it is just a plain GSM alarm system from AliExpress, nothing to complicated, everything wireless, it's a very good system, EXCEPT the sirens, they make these sounds when the system is armed or disarmed, which is pretty inconvenient for sleeping family when I leave work 3-4am... I have one solar powered outdoor siren which also made these sounds but I was able to change that by taking it apart and changing some settings in the alarm itself, but the alarm which I have inside the house is not the same product even though it's from the same store, but it does not have this function, do you know if this is a common problem for DIY users? ANY help would be appreciated, getting desperate about not being able to use the system after all the hours and dollars spent in it.

Thanks
GAF

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-18, 10:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 419 Votes on 392 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Iceland.

There may be a way to disable the siren "chirp" in arm/disarm mode in system programming. Our systems are a little different than yours. You could try posting a model number so we could try looking it up. If you have a link to the manual.... that would be very helpful.

Old 12-11-18, 07:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
There is usually a way to turn that feature off. It's intended to provide an indication of arm/disarm when using wireless keyfobs; but people turn it on, thinking that it's the audible exit beep feature.