Running camera wires along stucco wall

Old 02-05-19, 05:22 PM
Running camera wires along stucco wall

While never being very handy before I have installed a few ring cameras around the home. While they are up and working I am having a real pain in the butt trying to run the wires along the stucco wall. 1 wire is a thin flat cat6 ethernet that I tried to run with the wire clip glued to the stucco with liquid nails fuze
it. The stuff detached from the plastic clip after drying. We've also tried drilling along the soffit edge but can't seem to penetrate the stucco along the edge even with a masonry bit. I'm trying to find a solution not too difficult without damaging the stucco. I need to run the 1 ethernet wire which is light and 3 heavier electrical cords. (2 ring wired camera and an outside extension cord). A coworker recommended cable staples but I'm afraid of damaging the stucco if I try to hammer it in if the drill isn't going in. Maybe I need to go lower along the wall? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-19, 06:49 PM
Group Moderator
An extension cord stapled to the stucco. That doesn't sound proper.
Can you post a pic of where you are trying to fasten the wire ?
How-to-insert-pictures

Old 02-19-19, 08:10 AM
Liquid nails did not work. I tried 3m outdoor permanent tape which seems to have worked so far and is holding up for now. Thanks for the input.

Name:  z1.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  77.5 KB

Name:  z2.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  85.6 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 02-19-19 at 08:18 AM. Reason: cropped/resized/reoriented pictures
Old 02-19-19, 08:27 AM
Group Moderator
You can put the wire in the soffit where I put the arrow. There should be room between the soffit and the track. The wire will actually lay on top of the soffit. Carefully use a non pointed tool to help the wire up.

For the rest of the work...... use clips. I use 1/4" one hole clips like below. Use a small screw into the plastic track.

Name:  cableclamps.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  6.9 KB

Old 02-20-19, 07:50 PM
Have a similar issue/question...

Iím getting ready to mount security cameras onto my cement block stucco covered house.
The cameras only require a power cord, communication is WiFi.
I have outlet covers that will cover the wall wart power supply, but need suggestions on fastening the thin power cable to my stucco wall so that I can paint it to match the wall color.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-20-19, 09:34 PM
Group Moderator
Use the plastic clips I've shown., You may need use small masonry anchors with them.

Old 05-16-19, 09:34 AM
I ended up using 3m outdoor permanent tape which is working well but decided to try to make them more permanent. I have since purchased an impact drill which is making it much easier to install anchor screws. I'm about 1/2 done replacing my taped connectors and have ran additional wires for other devices. It helps to have the right tools. Thanks for everyone's input.