Video security systems

Old 02-07-19, 06:21 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Video security systems

hello looking for some input here. Iím looking for a video camera system. Im soon to be deploying and want a system for my wife. I donít want it company managed I already have a smart house with alarm window sensors etc. lastly I have a NVR system that I put in thatís not working out great bc it communicated from router through nvr to cameras. I donít think the nvr WiFi capability is that good and cameras are having trouble connecting or staying connected. So here are my needs

wifi from camera to router
ability to record via HArd drive in house not looking for paid service.
4 cameras
ability to connect to TV and still have app for away from home viewing.
Non battery powered.

I think thats about it. Iíd love to hear your opinions. Iím also not looking to spend crazy money on it. Please let me know your thought

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-19, 08:32 AM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
I had this system before I switched to nest cams and ring flood light cameras. I think this will fit your needs.
https://www.funlux.com/funlux-8-chan...nd-1tb-hd.html

Old 03-02-19, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I do have a 8 channel Amecrest 1080, wired security camera system that I like a lot. It does have an NVR, but it is all connected by BNC cables. I can access the feed from all cameras with the App. No service fees. Video quality is excellent and night vision is good as well. DVR to cameras and to router for remote viewing. Good experience with the system after 6 months.

Old 03-03-19, 02:34 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
What router are you using?

Generally for wireless cameras, I suggest a second (higher-end) router to control the wireless bandwidth of the cameras. Have the second router on different wireless channels than your primary internet router, and your problem may be fixed.

Northern Mike voted this post useful.
Old 08-13-19, 12:08 PM
Received 12 Votes on 12 Posts
If you can, go wired cameras. I use to design/sell and install camera systems up until a month ago. I had a lot of issues with DVR/NVR systems and wireless.

If you can go wired, a 4 or 8 IP camera kit by FLIR (now owned by and India company I don't remember the name) would be my suggestion. I would go that route had I not already setup an over priced Hanwha XRN-1610 system at the house. Their NVR and Camera systems work with no fuss. Probably the most fool proof install I've ever done.

Old 08-13-19, 01:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 102 Votes on 94 Posts
My oldest son bought a harbor freight video security system and he seems well pleased with it. He's only hooked up 2 of the cameras - on the front were there is a street light. I was impressed at how clear the picture was although I'd like to see how the ones in the back of his house [limited lighting] will work at night .... he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to hook those 2 up

Old 08-13-19, 01:57 PM
Received 12 Votes on 12 Posts
My oldest son bought a harbor freight video security system and he seems well pleased with it. He's only hooked up 2 of the cameras - on the front were there is a street light. I was impressed at how clear the picture was although I'd like to see how the ones in the back of his house [limited lighting] will work at night .... he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to hook those 2 up
Low Light (IR) is where the good cameras are separated from the junk.
If he is installing dome cameras with IR, make sure he takes super care of the dome covers. If there are any marks in or around the lens area, the IR will reflect off it and cause white out spots.
I have a pair of refurbished Hanwha (Samsung) cameras. The guys doing the repairs didn't care for the covers and have rendered these very expensive cameras useless for night use.