5881 ENH receiver red led lit up

Old 02-12-19, 08:05 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
5881 ENH receiver red led lit up

Hello everyone i recently installed a new Mesh wifi network and after installing it i noticed that my Vista 20p key fobs no longer worked. so i decided to open up the wireless receiver and noticed the red led is on solid. a few hours later i got a check 100 on the keypad as well. is my wifi interfering with the 5800 wireless system ? i dont recall it being on the same frequency. i also recently installed a new garage door receiver with wifi as well that same day so i'm not sure what is causing the interference. the new garage door uses 345 Mhz i believe. i'm not sure what the 5800 series uses. any help with this problem would be great.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-19, 09:27 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
The 5881-EN operates on 345mghz.

From Honeywell......
The RED LED located on the receiver's circuit board should be used as an indicator of strong local radio frequency interference. If this LED is continuously illuminated, the receiver should be relocated.

Old 02-13-19, 12:02 AM
As I suspected the lift master my Q was the suspect as it uses 345 MHz for the garage remote. I removed it and use the 315 MHz again built in and the receiver is back to normal with the rf jam error and check 100 gone

Old 02-13-19, 05:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
What's interesting about that is that the remotes only transmit when the buttons are pushed.
So where was the full time 345mghz signal coming from ?

Old 02-13-19, 05:45 PM
Most likely one of the three remotes buttons were jammed and was constantly broadcasting the signal. when i removed the liftmaster receiver i removed the batteries on all the remotes and will try to figure out which remote had a jammed button

Old 02-15-19, 11:22 AM
T
Received 14 Votes on 13 Posts
Doesn't necessarily have to be a transmitter. Receivers generate RF signals and can cause jamming. Also, when RF frequencies mix, the result is both their sum and their difference (so resulting frequencies will be both higher and lower). Unintentional mixing is know as intermodulation (intermod). The primary culprits being the 3rd and 5th-order intermod products.

Limiting intermod at radio sites with multiple transceivers is very involved. So, multiple receivers can interfere with each other and other devices, even though operating frequencies are different.

Short of getting a highly skilled individual involved, like an engineer, your solutions are turn-off or move one or both of the offending modules. Although, sometimes replacing one unit will cure the problem.