Bell Squawk on Away Arming for WLS Keyfob

Old 02-18-19, 05:13 PM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bell Squawk on Away Arming for WLS Keyfob

Can anyone tell me why Step 2 - Disable Quick Arming is required for the bell squawk? It seems like the functionality would work with it enabled as well. What am I missing?

https://cms.dsc.com/download2.php?t=1&id=12562

Thanks,

Old 02-18-19, 08:26 PM
C
Received 73 Upvotes on 65 Posts
I'm kind of puzzled by your question, since you provided the link to the answer. Full disclosure here; I haven't worked with one of these DSC models for so long that I'm willing to assume it works the way the manual says it will work.

The reason that step 2 is needed is that the design engineer designed it that way, and the notes explain _why_ s/he designed it that way, i.e., explain why the keyfob-arm/disarm bell squawk won't work unless the Quick Arming is disabled.

Are you asking us to justify the design engineer's thinking when she designed the squawk protocol? If you are, that's above my pay grade. Or maybe somebody else here sees a question that I don't.

Old 02-18-19, 08:42 PM
Z
The reason Iím asking is that I need to have quick arming enabled but I also would like to have bell squawk when using the keyfobs. So basically looking to see if there may be a workaround or if this was fixed on version 4.6 of the Power Series. The original was written for version 4.2. Hope that clears up my question

Old 02-19-19, 10:19 AM
Z
So I tried this out on the 4.6 version of the PC1832 panel and omitting step 2 disables the Arm Squawk but leaves the disarm Squawk in place. So you lose 50% of the functionality. My guess is that it has to do with arming with a code that causes the squawk and quick arm does not provide that code.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: