Ring Security System

Old 02-19-19, 07:44 AM
N
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Ring Security System

I installed a Ring Security system and I'm looking for anyone that may have installed a z-wave light switch. Google searches are leading me in circles with no real answer. I'm wanting to have lights activated possibly flashing when the alarm is triggered. My old x10 system did this and it was a nice feature. Thanks Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-19, 01:56 PM
C
Received 6 Votes on 5 Posts
I have ring cameras and a hue hub and lights. I was able to trigger my lights to come on when the motion alert is triggered using the stringify app. Others had recommended IFTTT but I couldn't get it to work as well when I tried. My lights go on then turn off after 5 minutes. Should work for you I would think.

Old 02-19-19, 03:40 PM
N
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I found some QA on Amazon that mention the GE Z-Wave. I'm going to try one. If it doesn't work then a separate hub will be in our future. Ring has a lot of new outdoor lighting that will be available starting next month. Sadly no mention of integrating that with the Security System. I have plenty of lighting I only need a way to trigger everything when the alarm is activated.

Old 02-21-19, 02:30 PM
C
Received 6 Votes on 5 Posts
Try looking up the stringify app I mentioned. I have it set so my ring motion sensors trigger my Philip's hue lights which are on a hue hub. Zigbee. I would think it should work with zwave. It's like a flow chart app linking unrelated smart devices to work together.