Honeywell L3000 question

Old 03-05-19, 06:01 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell L3000 question

I recently bought a house with the honeywell L3000 alarm. The previous owners didn’t know their master code and only used key fobs. I was able to reset it, and was able to use the default installer code to enter programming mode and it seemed all was good. Today I have an error code of “103 check lngrng radio”. I have googled the steps to remedy this error, but now the installer code won’t get me into programming mode.

Thanks fir for any help!

Old 03-05-19, 08:15 PM
C
Received 71 Upvotes on 64 Posts
Power the system down by unplugging the transformer and disconnecting the battery. Wait a few seconds, then plug the transformer back in. Ignore the battery for now (you're in a hurry), but remember to reconnect it later.

_Within_50_seconds_ of plugging in the transformer, press * and # simultaneously and hold down until you see a "20" displayed. You will be in Panel Programming Mode, waiting at Program Field 20. Enter #20, and the display will scroll the Installer Code in 2-digit format, i.e,, if the code is 1234, it will scroll 01--02--03--04. So you can check to see if the code is what you think it is, or change it if it isn't.

When you finish in programming, be sure to exit by entering *99. If you exit by hitting *98, the panel won't let you back into programming except by the "back door" method I've just described.

PS: Don't forget to plug the battery back in.

Old 03-06-19, 06:11 AM
F
A

Thanks a lot. Was hoping I wouldn’t have to do all that again. I just find it weird I can arm and disarm with the default code, but can’t get to programming mode again.. maybe I accidentally used *98 to exit and didn’t realize it.

Old 03-06-19, 07:41 AM
C
Received 71 Upvotes on 64 Posts
When you say "...arm and disarm with the default code...", I hope you mean you're arming and disarming with the default Master Code. Occasionally users will use the Installer Code to arm and disarm, which you can do _most_ of the time, but it's a bad idea: It's possible to lock yourself out of the panel that way. You should have used either the Installer Code or the default Master Code to make yourself a new Master Code; and use that Master to arm and disarm.

If you Arm the system by any means _other_ than the Installer Code (e.g. User Code, Quick-arm, or keyfob), then the Installer Code cannot disarm the panel. You cannot go into Panel Programming while the panel is Armed, so you must have either or User Code (Master or Secondary) or a keyfob to disarm it first. Every few months or so, we get a poster who has been using the Installer Code for arming/disarming and gets himself locked out of his panel when somebody Quick-arms the system and s/he doesn't have a keyfob programmed to disarm.

I personally always make a 2nd User Code (the first User Code being the Master), so I will always have at least one code I _know_ will disarm the system if, for instance, I fat-finger the keys during programming a new Master Code and end up being confused about what number I just entered. You do NOT want to be in the situation where you can't disarm your system.

Old 03-06-19, 07:48 AM
F
A

Nope. I’m using the default installer code to arm and disarm
Can you walk me through setting up a new master code? I really appreciate the help!

Last edited by frarmar; 03-06-19 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-06-19, 12:39 PM
P
Received 11 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Do this: [4 digit installer code] then [802] then new master code twice.
So if you want the new master code to be 4567 and your current installer code is 1234 you'd do 123480245674567 and you have to enter your numbers fairly rapidly with no hesitation.
802 = the master code. If you want to create additional codes, for the next code you'd use 803 instead of 802.

BTW, sometimes i only have to enter the new master code once and it accepts it so if it beeps twice, you've got it.

Last edited by pearljammer; 03-06-19 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 03-06-19, 03:08 PM
F
A

Awesome! New master code is done.

Now im trying to disable the ip/gsm. I do *29 and it takes me to “dst mnth str/end”, which is apparently daylight savings time start/end. That isn’t what I’ve seen come up in videos... any ideas?

Thanks so much for the help guys.

Last edited by frarmar; 03-06-19 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-06-19, 04:33 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Installer manual: https://www.homesecuritystore.com/am...d/file_id/367/

The settings for this system are in locations *55 and *77

Set both to 0.

Old 03-06-19, 05:09 PM
F
A