NX-8 V2 system - remote access?

Old 03-06-19, 01:59 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
NX-8 V2 system - remote access?

We have an NX-8-V2 system. All is working. When I talked to the remote management company they were able to get into the system from remote and even offered to set up some new user codes for me. I'm new to this system. How are they getting to it from remote? Via web or phone? I do not see anything but the main control board. If they can do it, seems like I should be able to do it! I don't see any kind of networking board add on plus I don't have anything set up in the network firewall for incoming/outgoing traffic. Any one have any ideas?

Here's a photo on Google Photos:
pic of control board

Old 03-06-19, 04:25 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
They can get in via a landline connection, especially if it's either pre configured for remote access, or if someone at the keypad enters a specific code when they dial in.

Old 03-07-19, 10:18 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply! It was configured before my tenure. What software would I use to dial in on the landline it's attached to? I'd love to dial in and have access to log files for user in/outs and ability to do any configuration not standing at the keypad in the middle of the warehouse in my winter coat. ;-)

Old 03-08-19, 03:07 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 314 Upvotes on 289 Posts
The software is called DL900 for windows:

https://www.interlogix.com/library?page=12

It can also be used with a direct connect module (NX-586E or NX588E)

There is a newer software package, but since yours is an older version, probably has a high chance of not being compatible.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: