Honeywell vista 20p hardwire 4219 expander help

Old 03-25-19, 01:37 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
Honeywell vista 20p hardwire 4219 expander help

I recently installed a vista 20p replacing a vista 10se safewatch 2000 last year and I had 10 zones total. Four of the zones were zone doubled I believe when the 10se didnít support that so I had no idea what adt was doing. Everything inside was a hot mess so i labeled each zone wire and narrowed down that the kitchen window magnet sensor and French doors werenít connected. Fast forward now I bought a 4219 and programmed it to install the two remaing zones and attached them with a resistor. The problem Iím having now is that when I open the door or window it doesnít fault and still says ready to arm. Did I do something wrong ? All the other hardwire zones works fine.

Old 03-25-19, 06:14 AM
C
Received 73 Upvotes on 65 Posts
An ADT SafeWatch 2000 is a modified Vista-20SE, not a Vista-10SE; but I couldn't tell you what the mods were. It's the SW 3000 whose major mod from the Vista-20P was no zone doubling. As far as I know, ADT never installed a Vista-10SE, but it might have happened--would love feedback if anybody knows they did, and what they called it.

I'm a little unclear on your phrasing with the zone doubling, whether you found it that way; or did that yourself when you reconfigured the system.

In any case---if you're breaking down _formerly_ zone-doubled loops pairs (e.g., Zones 2 & 10) into two independent zones---could still be Zone 2 (on the Control) and Zone 10 (on 4219)---you have to remember to change resistors, from 3K on one loop and 6.2K on the other loop, to a 2K EOLR on _each_ of both loops that were formerly doubled.
And I can tell you from experience, it's really easy to get those resistors mixed up, to the first thing I do in the event of trouble is to triple-check that I have the right resistors (2K) installed.

Correction, if you used one of the older 4219s (I use eBay a lot), it's a 1K EOLR on the Expander zone.

(I find it annoying that Honeywell changed the 4219 so significantly, but didn't change the model nomenclature to 4219-2 or something. That's sloppy.)

Old 03-25-19, 07:02 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
Oh that was the problem the whole time I was using the old resistors (3K) I switched the resistors and now it's working fine now thanks. I also misread the board and it says 20adt on it so that would explain the zone doubling.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: