Perimeter Contacts

Old 04-16-19, 08:53 AM
Unhappy Perimeter Contacts

So I had to redo my entire system from the ground up (except hard wiring) I replace my Vista 20 with a 21ip. I also replaced all my keypads, 6139 for 6160s. l replaced the siren. I replaced all window contacts. I didn't do anything fancy at the panel. No zone doubling. no smokes. I do have an Envisalink IP board installed. I also have 2k resistors for each zone at the panel on the HI side. (for those that want to argue that there's no point when they're installed at the panel, I get it.) Here's the problem, All my Entry/Exits work just fine. The motions work just fine. However, the perimeters are not working at any window. I've tried NO, NC, EOL and they just don't register when I open or close a window. If I change to either NO or NC with the resistor wired in the keypad does show a fault but no action when opening or closing. All windows are wired in series. I've tried removing the contact and shorting back to the panel and I get a ding during walk test so my thinking that the wiring is OK. My Fluke gives me a nice healthy ring at the probe for each zone wire so I think I've got all my zones correctly identified. Since it's all windows I feel like I missing one configuration step but I can't find anything in the manual or online. Can anyone help me?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-19, 01:39 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Test the zones with an ohmmeter. Possibly there is an EOL somewhere you aren't aware of. Even if there isn't.... you should get only several ohms of resistance with the loop closed. If the loop never goes to short.... you need to check into the loop itself.

Old 04-16-19, 08:08 PM
Thanks Pete! I’ll give it a try tomorrow.

Old 04-22-19, 06:19 AM
No resistors at panel or at EOL. Still doesn't register a fault.

Old 04-22-19, 01:40 PM
Group Moderator
Ok..... so did you connect an ohmmeter to your loop ?
Did it show the loop as being near 0 ohms when everything was closed ?

Old 04-22-19, 01:47 PM
What PJmax said:
Plus, what resistance did the loop read when something was opened? Did the resistance go to infinity/open loop?