Honeywell Lynx Plus (ADT) Repair

Old 04-21-19, 07:24 PM
Honeywell Lynx Plus (ADT) Repair

Hey all,

I have a Honeywell Lynx Plus here that I'm trying to revive. I tried applying AC power, but nothing. I flipped the board over and found a component behind the AC terminals that was black/burned. There was obviously a power surge or some other electrical malfunction. Does anybody know what this component is so I can replace it? It should be as easy as finding the right part and soldering on a new one. Please see the attached pictures. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Demetri

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjlfjNZxVgE9hAgHj-LZXP67rryn

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-19, 06:43 PM
Group Moderator
Your picture looks like it's on one drive. Typically those are private pictures. I don't know if they can be made public. You could post it directly to the board...... How-to-insert-pictures.

Old 04-23-19, 02:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
In general, most of those components on these all in one boxes, are surface mounted devices that require some specialty techniques to put them on the PC board. That, and something that could hit one of these hard enough to burn a component, probably did more damage than just the obvious.

ThisOldMan liked this post.
Old 04-23-19, 06:46 PM
Hey all, the OneDrive link should work as it is a shared link. I attached the image to this post just in case. Thanks PJmax!

You can see the burn marks on the board directly behind the AC terminals. None of the other components on the board seem to be damaged (i.e. no discoloration, leaking capacitors or other obvious damage.) If all it takes is one measly component to bring this back to life, I'd like to think it's worth it. Any thoughts?

Attached Images  
Old 04-23-19, 08:20 PM
Group Moderator
It's more than just one part. It looks like several are heat damaged.

Old 04-23-19, 09:39 PM
You can buy a used Lynx Plus on EBay for $20.

Old 04-29-19, 05:44 PM
Oof, that's what I feared. Must've been a power surge. Oh well. I'd prefer to find an ADEMCO-branded panel over a proprietary ADT one any day.

Old 05-03-19, 07:05 AM
I recommend the lynx touch panels if your looking for a replacement. They are much easier to program and you get a touch screen