program a wireless door sensor into Interlogix NX 8E

Old 04-22-19, 04:01 PM
program a wireless door sensor into Interlogix NX 8E

I have a Networx NX8E connected to the NX-148E-RF keypad. There are a couple door and window sensors connected to the keypad and set up by the alarm company a few years ago. I'm no longer monitored by that alarm company. Recently, the keypad died, so I bought one online and replaced it. After that, the wireless sensors are no longer detected by the keypad. That seems to be reasonable as the sensors were connected to the previous keypad.

I used DL900 software and NX-588E to download the current setting. It indicates the keypad is at 192.

I then tried adding the sensors following these steps:
​​​​​​*8 [installer code]
[keypad address: In this case it is 192] #
400 # (transmitter learning)
[zone number] *

I get a triple beep here instead of the menu that allows me to trip the sensor. According to the manual:
​​​​​​"Three beeps from the touchpad indicates an entry error. This occurs if you enter a transmitter number that is not within the receiverís zone block or if you try to learn a transmitter that is already learned into the receiver."

The zone number I tried is 9 which should be fine. What do I need to do to reenable a sensor that worked on an old keypad but not the new keypad?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-19, 02:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Follow the steps to delete whatever may be set on the zone you are trying to program, then try enrolling again.

Old 04-24-19, 05:06 PM
Deleting the transmitter or resetting it to default worked. Also, to add the transmitter back in, I had to remove it from the door to closer to the keypad for it to be detected. Leaving it on the door didn't work. Thanks for your help!