ITI 60-728 LED Touchpad -- Concord Bus Issue

Old 05-02-19, 03:18 PM
Question ITI 60-728 LED Touchpad -- Concord Bus Issue

Hey all,

I have an ITI / Interlogix / GE Concord ver. 3.1 (factory code 200-1669) that I've recently been changing some programming on. I've been using the 60-746 alphanumeric touchpad to navigate programming and whatnot. I recently bought the 60-820 fixed-English display and the 60-728 LED touchpads to use as secondary consoles. Both models boast the "SuperBus" name, so I figured they would be compatible. Well, it turns out that my panel is happy to communicate with the fixed-English touchpad, but not the LED one. As soon as I hook up the LED touchpad to the keybus and power up the panel, I can see the alpha display "scanning bus devices" and it just hangs there. Disconnecting the LED touchpad from the keybus solves the problem. It has DIP switches to set the device address. I have tried 0, 1, 2, and 3, and all give the same result: nothing. I even tried manually entering programming on the alpha touchpad and deleting all device addresses and rebooting the panel (to force it to re-scan and re-address all devices) but to no avail.

The manual for the 60-728 says it's from July of 1998 (yeesh) which dates it around the time of the Concord v.1. Is it possible that the LED touchpad is simply too old to work with a version 3 panel? I assumed it would work because all the buttons are exactly the same on all three of the touchpads that I have.

Please keep in mind that I am not used to Concord programming, I am more well acquainted with ADEMCO panels, so this is all new to me. Also, the installation manual for the Concord v.3 is nowhere to be found online, only for v.4 and up. Attached is a picture of all the bus devices I am currently using, including the voice-only module. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-19, 04:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yeah, they tend to bury the manuals for their older versions pretty deep. Fortunately, I just had to find this very manual for a job, recently:

http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/UTC/...n%20Manual.pdf

And it looks like the LED model keypads aren't compatible with this model. I think that the model 3 was where they went to strictly LCD model keypads.

Old 05-05-19, 07:01 AM
I figured it was something like that. Thank you!

Also, slightly off-topic, but I have a quick question in terms of wiring. For security wiring (I guess this applies to both residential and commercial) is there a color code that is followed in the industry? For example, I have seen houses wired with red for fire, yellow for keypads, etc. I know that red for fire is a standard, but what about yellow for keypads? Would it be helpful to have any other color-coded wires beyond that, or just stick with white/gray?

Old 05-05-19, 05:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
There is not actually a standard. Nearly everyone uses red jacketed cable for fire devices, but beyond that, other than habitual choices made by individual installers, there's no standard.