Simon Interlogic wireless sensor problem

Old 05-06-19, 01:52 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Simon Interlogic wireless sensor problem

Hey,

I have a wireless Simon Interlogic system and have never had problems. I have my system set to chime when a sensor is activated. I recently removed a sensor from my sliding glass door in order to have the glass changed in the slider itself. When I removed the sensor, the panel beeped, as I expected it to, because that's a "tamper".

So anyway, after all was done on the door I put the sensor back and noticed it didn't chime anymore when door was opened and closed. So I deleted the sensor and then re-learned it again to see if that would fix it. The system learns the sensor easily, but still no chime. When putting in test mode for that particular sensor, it will not register as being opened at all. I cant understand how it can learn and register the sensor, but can not work with it the way it is supposed to beyond that.

Old 05-06-19, 02:48 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Do the other transmitters still activate the chime?

If the transmitter isn't registering open/close, have you checked the age on the battery? Those batteries are generally good for 3-5 years, depending on how often that door is cycled.

Old 05-06-19, 05:19 PM
V
the other transmitters do chime and the one in particular chimed until the point that I removed it and then put it back. That's why I couldn't understand it. The battery is strong enough to trip and register. That's no problem. It could be weak though and was a coincidence. A battery is a small investment. Maybe I'll try replacing it to see if there is a change.

Old 05-06-19, 11:26 PM
C
Received 71 Upvotes on 64 Posts
May be kind of a silly question, but is the magnet still positioned beside the sensor when the door is closed?

Old 05-07-19, 04:17 AM
V
yea, all that is the same. it went back to same position.

Old 05-07-19, 01:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Sometimes, the tamper switch built into the cover on these transmitters doesn't make contact after the case has been opened. Normally, in that case, the zone would show constantly open.

Step by step, what did you do to delete and then re enroll the transmitter?

Old 05-07-19, 02:56 PM
V
It turned out being a 1/4" variance in the line up between the magnet and the transmitter. The guide line on transmitter cannot be out of line (more than a 1/4") with the mark on the magnet. Did'nt even see any marks. But looked for them after reading about it. My double nickle eyes get me every time.

Old 05-08-19, 01:31 PM
G
What sensor group did you re-learn the sensor into??
You might have learned it into a group that doesn't chime...

Old 05-08-19, 02:00 PM
V
Its resolved now. magnet was 1/4" out of line.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: