Ademco 4137

Old 05-08-19, 12:03 PM
Cool Ademco 4137

We are new home owners, not sure of the year of the security system. Recently started to beep randomly, sounds as though someone is playing with the buttons. When it is beeping, I can't set any codes. If I pound the panel a little, it snaps out of it's funk and works again. The beeping is spontaneous. It just goes berserk on it's own and it stops on its own. I looked for a battery attached to the panel, but can't find one. What do you think the issue can be?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-19, 05:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It could be loose connection at the keypad, but given that this model is circa 1993, it could be as simple as a low battery (located in the metal box where the system motherboard actually resides). The keypad is just an interface.

Old 05-12-19, 07:32 AM
Thanks for your reply!
We removed the keypad from the wall (it does not have a flip-top) and it stopped beeping.
We reconnected the keypad to the wall and it has not beeped since. Big mystery!
If it starts again, I will be in touch!

Old 05-12-19, 10:08 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
One thing to look out for, is that sometimes the wire can break inside the plastic jacket, and look superficially good, but make intermittent contact.

Old 05-14-19, 09:20 AM
So fare the beeping has stopped. I'm guessing it is a problem with the key pad itself. We will wait to see if it starts up again. Thanks again for your input!