DSC 1616 factory reset

Old 05-12-19, 03:43 PM
Question DSC 1616 factory reset

Hello everyone. Here is my situation. I recently bought a house that has a DSC 1616 installed. Previous owners did not provide the installer or master code and alarm is not monitored. The alarm looked to be in the unarmed state as I recall seeing the green checkmark. When the doors would open I would hear the chime sound. I also recall the sound when windows would open. Somehow the system got set to away mode. The red lock icon came on and the icon of an empty house showed on the keypad. I opened the door and the sire went off (gave us a good scare!). I had to remove one of the AC power cables going to the board in the panel to turn the system off.

I did some research and found a way to factory reset the panel so the master and installer codes are back to normal. My problem is that I do not know how to program all the zones. As far as I know the system was wired correctly and it worked because the chimes would sound when a door or window was opened. After the reset the panel shows open sensor on all the zones. I started to program the zones back in. Looking at the wires in the panel I think I only have 5 zones so I programmed only 5. They all show as open. I do not know how to program them in correctly. I also do not know what sensors are in each zone. Everything is already wired and I am not sure what all has sensors. Any advice on how to proceed? I want to program all the zones and do self monitoring. Thank you all in advance.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-19, 03:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
DSC systems all default to looking for end of line resistors. Conversely, nearly all DSC installers turn _off_ the setting to require end of line resistors.

In programming location 13 turn ON option #1.

You do need to determine what zone goes to what, because otherwise, you won't know which zones need to be programmed for what zone type.

Once you do the setting change, above, you should see everything closed again. Watch the system, and have a helper open one opening at a time, and make note as to which zone it corresponds to. Then, you can start thinking about proper zone configuration.

Installer manual: https://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17007