Networx NX-8v2 programming help - phone

Old 05-31-19, 06:18 PM
Cool Networx NX-8v2 programming help - phone

I had a problem with my 20-year old NX-8v1 not recognizing the battery backup causing annoying beeps and endless messages. After much work, it was a failed motherboard. Since G3 is ending in 2019, I decided to upgrade to NX-8v2 motherboard (this system still meets my needs way better than any of the DIY systems like RING), and kept my two v1 keypads. All is good, but I have a couple issues with the programming. Weirdly it kept all my zones and their alpha descriptions, but it lost everything else -- I know v2 can import the zones, but where did it find the alpha names? ... not that I am complaining, but just curious.

My biggest issue is that I have phone 1 working (to the monitoring company), but phone 2 and 3 to family cell phones do not work. I programmed both of them similarly to phone 1, so I have no idea what the problem is -- but could it possibly be the communication format? Is this unique to the communicator (mine is a Telguard TG-1 Express LTE-A and I used 13 ("CID") for the monitoring and it worked -- would it not be the same for my cell phone?

Any help on this would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links