Best panel for mostly wireless install ...

Old 06-17-19, 11:47 AM
Best panel for mostly wireless install ...

Hi everybody - trying to help a friend install a security system for his older home. it would be pretty tough to wire, so we'd probably have to stick to mostly wireless components, except for a keypad of course.

I did a mostly wireless Visa-20P quite a few years ago, and I currently manage 3 NX8v2's with several wireless transmitters. I find that the NX's wireless can have issues sometimes ... didn't really have many issues with the Honeywell.

Technology constantly evolves, so I'm wondering if anyone would have a strong opinion on what I might consider for this person. What's a good panel to use for a mostly wireless install?

Thanks for the help everyone

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-19, 12:29 PM
Group Moderator
As far as DIY alarm systems...... the Vista 20P is at the top of the list and would be my recommendation here.

Old 06-17-19, 07:33 PM
Agree with PJmax. I also recommend the Honeywell Vista-20P for DIYers.

Old 06-19-19, 05:20 AM
Thanks PJ and Chosun. I like the Vista panels a lot. At the buildings I currently manage, we have NX series panels, and I just don't like them as much as the Vista panels. Wireless is a lot more cumbersome IMO on the NX panels. Devices get very persnickety when you replace batteries. They report low battery conditions for up to a few weeks before they decide to say, "Oh ... I have a new battery, I can stop sending low battery signals now." Never had issues with the Vista panels.

I'm thinking of going with a Vista 21IP. I like the onboard communications options and the ability to transmit via Internet. Have you had good experiences with those panels?

Thanks for the help!