Paradox SP6000 auto generates tamper alerts after power up?

Old 06-27-19, 05:41 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Paradox SP6000 auto generates tamper alerts after power up?

Hi,

I have working a Paradox SP6000 alarm system with multiple motion sensors and door contacts using zone doubling and End Of Line resistors.

Recently I decided to add tamper protection so I enabled "Tamper Recognition" on my control panel and updated wiring of the motion sensors according to support tamper recognition. The whole setup works fine. If I remove the cover from one of my motion sensors the keypad beeps and the control panel sends the tamper alert event to the monitoring station.

However I noticed that after I power-down and power-up the system, the control panel automatically starts to send "Zone tampered / restored" events for all of my zones in sequence form 1 to 15. Even for zones which were not tampered.

I checked the Paradox install manual but didn`t find any info about this behavior.

Is it a known but not documented feature, that a "Tamper Recognition" enabled Paradox control board sends the "zone tampered" alert event for every zone after power up?

Old 06-27-19, 02:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
since this feature is based on resistance measurements on the field wiring, it wouldn't surprise me if the zones didn't pop up this way on power restoration, and possibly on resets.

Not a common brand choice in my region, so I've only handled a couple.

Old 07-03-19, 05:31 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks,
I tested it a few times and since strange behaviour only occurs after power up, I also think this is a feature not an error.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: