Ademco Vector 3000 Error Code

Old 06-28-19, 12:20 PM
Ademco Vector 3000 Error Code

The control panel on my old Ademco system is indicating that one of the sensors for a group of three windows is tripped. Any ideas how to troubleshoot/fix this? The system has not been changed at all. It was inactive for a while and when I re-activated it I saw the control panel code.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-19, 02:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 21
This was one of the early polling loop systems. If all three windows are wired to the same input module; then start by looking at the windows themselves. Look for the obvious, like the magnet for the window contact having fallen off (the most common issue).

If you know where the input module is, it's easy to jumper the input to verify that the problem is with the field wiring, and not the input device.

Old 06-28-19, 02:35 PM
Thanks. I'll take a closer look and see what I find.

What if I place a magnet on top of the switch embedded in the window sill? Would that be an effective way to test which window is the problem?

So, I tried that and the alarm code remained on. What does that suggest?

Last edited by DRSNJersey; 06-28-19 at 05:25 PM. Reason: added more information
Old 06-29-19, 04:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The door and window contacts are basically just switches. If you have the system you named, somewhere, there is a small module that those windows are actually connected to for the interface with the alarm system.

That's the next point you need to check.

Every alarm install is essentially a custom installation. So it's hard to give you specifics without knowing what you are actually looking at.

Here's the installer manual, which might help you understand: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Adem...n%20Manual.pdf

Old 06-30-19, 09:15 AM
Found the modules. They have gray plastic covers and are located inside the metal cabinet. Guess I'll take the covers off and see if any connections look bad.

Old 06-30-19, 10:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check the model numbers against the installer manual. There are multiple input modules, and they work slightly differently.

The thing that you are trying to establish, is if the wiring coming from the windows shows open or closed. If the field wiring shows as open, then the problem is at the windows, or possibly the wiring back to the panel location. If it shows as closed, then, the module may have an issue.

This would be a simple continuity test.

Old 06-30-19, 12:24 PM
Picture of Module

http://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3XO...ew?usp=sharing

How to tell if open or closed?

Old 06-30-19, 01:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You take the wires off of the loop terminals and check the pair in question with a meter or continuity tester to see if the loop is closed.