Honeywell Lynx 5100 - Random Reboots

Old 07-05-19, 05:45 AM
Honeywell Lynx 5100 - Random Reboots

Hi All,
I bought a house that came with a Honeywell Lynx L5100 alarm panel, when I bought the house we discontinued the monitoring of the alarm. Everything was working fine until the low battery alert came up regarding one of the wireless motion sensors. I replaced that battery and finally got around to performing the reset to obtain the installer code/master.

Once I was able to enter programming mode I disabled the GSM/reporting functions as I don't intend of having it monitored, nor did I want the previous company having the ability to mess with it. Ever since I did that the system constantly reboots and forgets the date/time setting. It appears to reboot every 12-14 minutes, however, there are times where it can last for 3-4 hours or only 1 minute. I read online this may indicate a bad panel but I'm curious as to how this panel could go bad just by resetting the master code.

When I reviewed the event log it appears the reboot is listed as "E305". I have searched high and low for what this error means but cannot find any information online. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-19, 06:16 AM
How to unlock Honeywell T6861 switch

pls how do I unlock the switch of my Honeywell T6861 thermostat,and the Mode button is not working

Old 07-05-19, 01:44 PM
E305 is just the "system reset" code. It sounds to me that it's possible you didn't fully remove the communicator from programming and it's rebooting itself to search for the cellular signal. Just a hunch.

Old 07-06-19, 08:59 AM
Thanks @pearljammer

I suspected that was the case as well my communicator settings are as follows:

Comm Path : None
APL : Disabled
City ID: 90
CS ID : AE
Sub ID : 4612
Supervision : None
Old Alarm Time: 90 Minutes
Remote Acc Comm: Disabled
Multi Mode Comm : Disabled

When I leave this screen it comes up with "Programming Done - Warning - Radio Unregistered!"

I also set the Phone Type to None and Communicator Type to None.

Should the panel be forgetting the date/time just from a reboot? Would this indicate the battery backup in the panel is not functional?

Old 07-08-19, 05:47 AM
Did you physically remove the cellular module or is it still installed. I think it needs to be removed.
I'm not sure about the date/time thing but if the system battery is low, you'll get a "system low battery" warning on the screen.

Old 07-08-19, 02:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 21
Yes, as long as the radio is physically connected, it will make the system generate troubles. Not sure if that's related to the reboot glitch, but it's possible.

Old 07-09-19, 12:04 PM
Thank you!!!! Very much appreciate the assistance!! That was the problem

Old 07-09-19, 01:31 PM
Upvotes Received: 4
The cell radio in the lynx is also most likely a 2G or 3G radio which carriers have shut off now causing the system to keep finding it and crashes

Old 07-09-19, 01:47 PM
I don't think 3G will stop working for a couple more years if it's already installed.