Status light on constant Honeywell CE3-DSC1550

Old 07-11-19, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Status light on constant Honeywell CE3-DSC1550

I replaced a CE-3 on a DSC-1550 because the old one would only accept 3 remotes. The new one turned on the status light (Alarm set or not lamp outside the departure arrival garage door). It stays on whether the system is set on or off, and irregardless of any station breach. Before the swap out it was a lamp, not an LED, and it flashed when armed.

Please help.

retread

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-19, 04:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 21 Votes on 20 Posts
Since your question is completely different from the original thread; we'll give you a fresh thread:

Installer manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Stre...n%20Manual.pdf

Are you wiring the new LED plate directly to the CE3 as per the wiring diagram? Your older version probably worked differently, and may have had to draw power from the system Aux power.

retread voted this post useful.
Old 07-12-19, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you.

I'm having trouble starting my own thread, and I have another question about the associated DSC1550.

I have the manual on the new CE3, but not the old one.

I have not yet changed out / replaced the incandescent bulb with the LED.

There are only two wires to the plate, and they appear to come from the purple and black feeds from the DSC Panel box. At the box it appears this is likely a simple jacketed telephone set and that some color traslation is required in and out of that set.

It does appear that their may be a third wire connected from the CE3 connector harness. If I can confirm that the third is available at the indicator plate I will install the LED indicator lamp. (Ony two wires came out when I pulled it away, but I have not yet gotten to the insulated bundle. I may have to withdraw it from inside the garage if it is not long enough.

Old 07-12-19, 04:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 21 Votes on 20 Posts
The older versions required using the programmable output terminals on the DSC panel. The new ones don't do that; and for that remote indicator to work correctly, 3 conductors is required.