Safewatch Pro 3000 & use of remote X-10 Powerhorn

Old 07-20-19, 02:06 PM
Smile Safewatch Pro 3000 & use of remote X-10 Powerhorn

Hello,

New to the forum!

I have an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 system & would like some help on how to program an X-10 Powerhorn to sound when alarm is tripped. I have tried setting it up as I read on various web sites but was not successful.

I have a remote garage that when I come home and forget to disarm the alarm and open the overhead door sets it off. If I were able to hear the remote powerhorn in the garage, I could immediately disarm the system rather than have ADT alert me [or the authorities]! Of course this could all be avoided if I could only remember to disarm the system

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-19, 04:55 PM
Upvotes Received: 11
I have a lot of years of experience in alarm work, but somehow I've missed ever programming any X-10 devices. Wait patiently and some of these other techs probably have the experience you're looking for.

Have you considered just putting a long time delay on the garage door? My guess is (if you're like me) you remember the alarm after you've opened the door.

Old 07-20-19, 08:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 21
What are you using as an X-10 interface on the intrusion alarm control?

Old 07-22-19, 12:57 PM
I'm a novice to this model of alarm and not sure what is needed. Can you advise what is required to interface to the X-10 to actuate the powerhorn [as well as other devices such as lamp modules etc.]

I did try transformer made specifically I believe to inject the power line signal into the house wiring but still had no luck.

Thanx,

Ray

Old 07-22-19, 04:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
OK, if you have the 4300 or 1321X10 transformer, and it's connected back to the alarm control per figure 6 on page 2-4 of the installer manual (http://kylinks.net/kysec/pdf/VISTA-1...0(Install).pdf)

One quirk of power line carrier devices. They need to be on the same phase (same side of the row of breakers, unless you have one of the devices that bridges the phases).

You have to program the system to send an appropriate output signal out. It doesn't happen automatically. In order to do this programming, you need to have a 2-line alpha keypad (6160 or equivalent).

You have to set a house ID in system programming location *27.
You need to know the unit number for the device.

In programming location *79 you will map the device to the system.
ENTER OUTPUT NO.
XX (being the logical reference number between 01-16 start with 01 if this is the first being programmed)
OUTPUT TYPE
2 (for power line carrier device)
UNIT NO,
Enter unit number set on the device.
This should jump you back to the output number prompt. Enter 00 to exit *79 programming.
Now you tell your device what to do, and when to do it in *80 programming
Output Funct. #
Same number as you set in step 1 of *79
press * to continue past the default summary screen
Activated by:
2 (zone type)
Enter Zn Type
33 (any burglary alarm)
Output Action
2 (close and stay closed)
Enter Output No.
Summary screen. press * to continue. And you will return to the output function prompt. You will need to create a second function using zone type 22 to shut off the device on disarm.

rhemsher voted this post as helpful.
Old 07-23-19, 07:17 PM
ChosunOne,

Thanx for your reply. I'd rather not delay the garage door contact or motion detector and risk delay in contacting authorities if there IS a breech.

I see I have a reply from MrRonfl with some very detailed direction ... so your suggestion to wait for another member to reply was a good one!!

Last edited by rhemsher; 07-23-19 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-23-19, 08:00 PM
Hello MrRonFL,

I do have the 2 line panel which will allow programming but I may not have the correct transformer. The one I have says ITI model AM-9700ALF-1 which I understood to be for X10 integration. I'll need to research that further and look for the ones you mention on eBay. Do you have a manufacturer name I should look for?

Old 07-23-19, 08:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Honeywell makes the OEM hardware. A SW 3000 is a Vista 20p with minor modifications.

The transformer you have is for a GE/ITI Simon, if so, it's not even the correct voltage to operate your system.

Old 07-23-19, 08:33 PM
MrRon,

Does this match what you are suggesting I need?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honeywell-K...4AAOSwx7Fc2ZOk

Old 07-24-19, 12:00 AM
Upvotes Received: 11
No, that's the wrong voltage. Your Control Panel requires a transformer that supplies 16.5VAC, preferably rated at 40VA (Watts). As MrRonFL said, The specific model number that Honeywell used (note the past tense--I'm told they're discontinued) is 1321X10 transformer

I didn't find any on eBay, nor anywhere else I looked. Apparently those have gotten rare. But I'm not that great at Net searching, so you may have better luck.

I _may_ have an old used one stashed away, if you absolutely can't find one, but I can't promise. I seem to remember seeing one in my scattered old used parts, but I never got around to playing with it to see if it even works. You'd probably have better luck searching the Net.

Old 07-24-19, 11:20 AM
ChosunOne,

Thanx for the reply. Wonder if I could continue to power the alarm cabinet with the current transformer, plug in the one we are talking about and only connect the X10 leads for the power line interface.

I haven't been able to dig a 1321X10 type out of any of the net searches I have done ... and I'm usually pretty good "on the hunt". I've seen 1321's which I "assume" are not X10 compatible unless designated 1321X10's. Also see a few 1332X10 ... probably different voltage.

If you were able to come across the one you may have in "stock" ... I would be very greatfull

Thanx Again,

Ray

Last edited by Shadeladie; 07-24-19 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Phone number not allowed and removed
Old 07-24-19, 07:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The x-10 devices somewhat fell out of favor, so most of the alarm makers quit really supporting them.

In my opinion, if you are feeding your system with the 9 volt transformer, your system will become increasingly unstable.

Old 07-25-19, 01:00 PM
Hello MrRonFL,

Thank you for continuing my search for the X10 solution! I have been using the PLC technology quite successfully in my home for basic home automation for years.

I'm not sure if you message regarding " feeding your system with the 9 volt ...." is in response to my post about continuing to use the existing 16.5V transformer and then plugging in the transformer I was looking at on eBay, which is 9V. & X10 capable BUT ONLY USING the X10 contacts to inject the X10 PLC signals [leaving the 9V. contacts unconnected] ...since I have been unable to locate the proper transformer.

In your opinion, do you think this might work? Or is there some tie to the transformer winding needs to the alarm control board power supply in order to inject he PLC signal?

I'm willing to chance the $15 to purchase & try but certainly don't want to jeopardize the alarm panel.

Thanks,

Ray H.

Old 07-26-19, 02:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm not certain if the X-10 interface from the panel will work that way, or not, or if there's something specific in the way the correct transformer works.

You can try it the way you are describing, but I'm not betting on success.

Old 07-26-19, 07:52 PM
Thanx MrRonFL ... I'll update the forum/thread when I find out!

Ray H.