Safewatch Pro 3000 Intermittent Issue

Old 07-22-19, 06:22 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Safewatch Pro 3000 Intermittent Issue

When armed the system will sometimes not activate when a sensor has been opened. Tried opening multiple sensors and the system still will sometimes not activate. ie...System was armed this morning. Came in and the system just stayed armed, no countdown. Tried opening the back door, still no luck. After a few more times of opening the front door over the course of an hour, finally we got a countdown. Does something need replaced in the alarm panel?

Old 07-22-19, 09:58 AM
C
Received 40 Votes on 39 Posts
The control panel is statistically about the least likely cause of the problem.

The first things I would suspect are the sensors on those doors. If you have plunger or roller-plunger type switches in the hinge side of the door frame, they're especially prone to sticking in the closed position (and especially when painted), but magnetic switches in the latch side of the door frame can stick closed too.

Of course, I'm guessing because I'm not there to see what kind of switches you're using on the questionable doors. I'm also guessing whether the doors are hardwired or wireless. The more you tell us about the problem doors, the better we're able to guess what's going on.

Put the system in CHIME mode (CODE + 6) and try opening doors. If a door doesn't chime, rap on it with a screwdriver handle of similar, to see if you can "unstick" the switch. If the switches start working again, you'll still need to replace them: They can't be trusted.

I would be curious to know if those are plunger-type switches giving you the problem. You should probably check all the windows and doors while you're at it.

Old 07-24-19, 10:05 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I believe I have the magnetic sensors. Just ordered two and will try with the new sensors. The door does chime when opened but the alarm also triggered correctly this morning. The problem is intermittent.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: