Can no longer read display on 6160RF keypad

Old 07-22-19, 11:11 AM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Can no longer read display on 6160RF keypad

It has been getting worse and worse over time. Started out the characters had spaces in them. Now the characters are so faint I really can't read them. The keypad is maybe 5 years old and is in a rather dark/shaded area inside the house.

Is there anything I can try rather than just replacing it ? Is this a common problem ?

Thanks

Edit : correction, my wired keypad is a 6162RF (not a 6160RF). What is the difference ? Maybe the number of wireless zones ?

Last edited by lhpdiver; 07-22-19 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-22-19, 01:26 PM
P
Received 7 Votes on 7 Posts
Old 07-22-19, 02:10 PM
L
Thanks for that - I had seen it before posting - doesn't really address my questions however.

Old 07-23-19, 12:10 PM
P
Received 7 Votes on 7 Posts
You asked what the difference is between the two and that article answers that question. As for your other problem, it sounds like you probably do need to replace it.

Old 07-23-19, 12:42 PM
L
Thanks. I picked up a 6162RF on Mexico's equivalent of ebay yesterday afternoon. Looks like that Honeywell security stuff might be manufactured in Queretaro Mexico. Supposed to be delivered this afternoon - at half the price as Amazon (which is very rare) - no import fees !

Old 07-26-19, 09:49 AM
L
I installed our new 6162rf and everything is working great.

I hate to throw things away. When our 10 year old Samsung TV no longer turned on/off - I researched on the internet, bought a laundry list of capacitors etc and fixed the TV. Still working great.

So this 6162rf keypad cost about as much as some older laptops. Everything on the device seems to work fine - except for the display. I would love to attempt to replace the display and see if that restores the keypad.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find a replacement ? Perhaps there is a similar (cheaper) keypad I can pick up used on ebay and swap out the display ? Thanks.

pearljammer voted this post useful.
Old 07-26-19, 06:35 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
I sprayed windex on my keypad display on accident and it took out the whole alpha display. I bought a 6160 keypad missing the number keypad and swapped out the display and all works well again. It’s only held by a ribbon cable similar to my MacBook keyboard when I spilled coke on it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: