Moose 1100 Battery test

Old 08-13-19, 04:59 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Moose 1100 Battery test

Battery LED flashing so I did the battery test and a weak battery was indicated. Battery tested okay with a voltmeter, but I did try a different battery anyway. Same indication - LED flashing. I unplugged the AC transformer and the system shut down, which tells me that there is a problem with the DC supply. I haven't had time to go back to work on the unit, but any suggestions as to what to look for? Any schematics, anybody? The first thing I will check tomorrow, of course, is a blown fuse.
Another question, it seems like I lost the programming when the power was disconnected. Does that sound right?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-19, 08:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 23 Votes on 22 Posts
There is a battery fuse on the Z1100. And the programming on these _can_ be corrupted if they lose power on a failing battery (older generation tech).

Bear in mind, that, at it's newest, this system is 20+ years old; so it's not impossible that the battery charger system has simply given up the ghost.

The fuses are on the lower edge of the main board. You may have to remove the dead front shield over the board components.