NX-148E Keypad

Old 08-16-19, 06:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
NX-148E Keypad

New member here......but looks like very knowledgeable people are members,with good answers from what I have seen.
I have a wireless sensor that a friend helped me replace in the fall of 2018. This past week there was a message on the keypad that that zone was lost. I took the cover off the sensor to find that the batteries were corroded.....they were Duracell and had come with the unit when I purchased it, so not sure why they would have leaked when they were in use for less than a year. I replaced the batteries and for 1 day all seemed well......now I am getting a message say LowBatt on that zone. I have changed the batteries 3 times now and still the message returns......and the keypad beeps until the code is entered, sometimes in the middle of the night.
Does that message have to be cleared? Does the system not automatically sense that the batteries were replaced?

If I cannot resolve this issue, is there a way to silence the keypad, at least until my friend gets back and can help me?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-19, 03:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
If it's the long, narrow transmitter that uses conventional batteries, there is a test button under the cover to press to get the panel to register the battery swap.

If there was corrosion, you may have to clean the terminals. An old style ink eraser works well, or rubbing alcohol and a cotton swap.

Old 08-16-19, 05:55 PM
Thank you! It is the long narrow unit that uses 2 AAA batteries. I did not think about pressing that button to register the battery swap.
According to my supplier those OEM Duracell batteries that came with it should not have leaked after being installed less than a year ago.....they suspect corrosion may have affected PCB.

Old 08-17-19, 09:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The problem with batteries, is that people often don't check how long that they have been sitting on the shelf. Some seller are better about stock rotation than others.

If the transmitter is damaged, it's generally not too difficult to replace with a new one; _if_ you have the installer code.

What _model_ is the system you NX-148 keypad is attached to?

Old 08-18-19, 02:25 PM
The system is an NX-8.......I have the installer code and can access all the functions.

Old 08-18-19, 03:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The only other question you need to answer, is what model is your wireless receiver?

There were 3 versions The NX-4x8E models, the NX-548E; and the NX-148E-RF. Each has slightly different programming instructions.

If you have to replace the transmitter, I suggest the NX-650N model instead of the NX-450 that you currently have. Much longer battery life from the lithium battery, and it's more compact.

Old 08-19-19, 09:13 AM
I think receiver is an NX-548E.....pic attached.
I also know the sensor is in partition 2, location 17.
Something I don’t understand is segments mentioned in programming.
[img]blob:https://www.doityourself.com/5a339d6a-6baf-410a-aaeb-3e193c633643[/img]

Old 08-19-19, 12:59 PM
Pic should be attached now.

Attached Images  
Old 08-19-19, 04:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
That's a NX-408e, 416e, or 448e. The type of antenna, and the direction the LEDs point is kind of the give away...

Manual:
http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/UTC/...%20Rev%20F.pdf

Old 08-20-19, 10:48 AM
Thank you for that manual!
The supplier did replace the sensor......with the same model #.......now I will see if I can get it recognized by the system.