Vista 20p paging

Old 08-18-19, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20p paging

I have setup paging on my vista 20p panel to call my cell phone when the alarm is triggered or open/close(report option 5 in field 162). I have also entered my cell number in field 160. The panel does make a call when any of the events occur and my home phone line becomes busy. However, my cell does not ring. When I look at the outgoing calls from my home phone I see it is dialing 0 instead of the cell number that i entered in 160. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-19, 03:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
Assuming that your phone system doesn't require prefixes or extra digits to dial out; have you set report codes for all of the thing that you wish to activate the dialer?

Old 08-18-19, 03:45 PM
Thanks for your quick response. I would like to be notified if the alarm is triggered or when it is armed and disarmed. I have set all of the zones programmed in 56 to report code 10 and I have set field 162 to 5. I entered my cell phone number in 160 exactly as I would dial it from my home phone. As mentioned it makes a call to phone number 0. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Old 08-18-19, 03:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Do you have a wired telephone that you can hook up on the dialer terminals to listen to what happens when the dialer is triggered?

Old 08-18-19, 04:23 PM
I have a wired phone but I am not sure how to hook it to the terminals.

Old 08-18-19, 05:17 PM
I picked up another house phone while the panel was dialing and I heard " your call cannot be completed as dialed". I checked the number I entered in 160 and it is correct.

Old 08-18-19, 07:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What kind of phone system are you using? Some of them don't always play well with alarm dialers.

Old 08-18-19, 10:37 PM
I have the Verizon FIOS Digital Voice

Old 08-19-19, 02:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Double check your alarm to telephone wiring. Many of these digital phone solutions simply plug into the existing phone wiring. If the alarm pre-existed, you may be sending the dial tone to the wrong side of the alarm telco wiring.

The dial tone should be coming in at terminal 21/22 and returning to the house wiring on terminal 23/24.

Old 08-19-19, 03:34 PM
I switched the wires as you suggested but the panel did not even dial out this time.

Old 08-19-19, 04:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm coming to the conclusion that your FIOS phone adaptor isn't picking up the dialer tones the alarm is generating.

By your description, everything you have done would get a successful dial out on a normal land line. The only other thing I can think of, is to program a short delay at the start of you phone number. It may be that the dialer is spitting out the numbers before the FIOS box can actually go off hook.

Alarm dialers and digital phone solutions are something of a "black art". Sometimes a setup that will work with system A, will totally fail with system B. Sometimes even two identical adapters will have one work, and the other fail.

Old 08-20-19, 11:01 AM
I entered a 1 minute delay(field 172) but I am still not getting the page. I double checked my phone number in 160 and it is correct. I called verizon and they could not tell me what digits they are receiving when my home phone makes the call but I can hear the phone dialing and then it says that call cannot be completed as dialed.

Old 08-20-19, 12:26 PM
I finally got it to call my cell phone. I went back in and deleted all entries in fields 40 thru 46. Now it dials my cell phone and that's all but there is no way for me to see any status codes that the panel sent. That is ok since I know that the only time I would get a call from my home phone is from my alarm panel. MrRonfl, I would like to thank you for spending your valuable time to assist me. Hopefully, other people reading this post will benefit from the troubleshooting of this problem. Once again, a very big thank you!