Phone rings on Ademco K5969 panel

Old 08-26-19, 06:19 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Phone rings on Ademco K5969 panel

I have an Ademco K5969 system installed by Monitronics about 17 years ago. For some time now, the Ademco rings very loud every time that the home phone rings. Brinks bought Monitronics and their tech support people are stumped how to shut off the panel from ringing every time the house phone rings. Any ideas? I've disconnected power and the battery backup as a friend suggested, still the loud ringing from the panel when someone phones the house.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-19, 06:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,171 Votes on 1,086 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I've never heard a panel "ring" before and I don't recognize a K5969 system.
Can you post a picture of the inside of the panel for us ? How-to-insert-pictures.

Old 08-26-19, 07:37 PM
C
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
I suspect you found that K5969 nomenclature as raised characters on the housing of the keypad. It refers to the housing itself, not the keypad, since that housing might be used for more than one model of keypad.

When we refer to a "Panel", we're talking about the Control Panel, not the keypad. The Control Panel, or simply "Panel" is the heart and brains of the system, and more or less define the system's capabilities and operation. The Keypad(s) are just the interface between the User (you) and the Panel. Ademco's Panels all use the same keypad models, so knowing what KP you have won't tell us what model Panel you have.

If you can find the control box--the steel cabinet that houses the Panel--you will probably find your panel model number on a wiring diagram on the inside of the cabinet door. It will look something like Vista-10, Vista-20, VIA-30, something like that. A good picture of the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) would be helpful, as would a picture of the Keypad.

Like PJMax, I've serviced a LOT of alarm systems, many brands; and I've never heard a keypad ring either. My first thought is wires crossed somewhere.