Sensor Group 25, 28 or 32 for Outdoor Motion on Simon XT

Old 08-29-19, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sensor Group 25, 28 or 32 for Outdoor Motion on Simon XT

Hi,

Nube to this forum, so greetings everyone. I recently decided to add an outdoors PIR to my Simon XT system managed though FP. Basically I want these PIR events not to trigger an alarm themselves but still get logged by the system so that I can do home automation on them (such as turn on flood lights etc). FP suggested I use group 25 for that purpose, but I realized that group results in "3 beeps" every time something triggers the PIR. I know I can turn off those 3 beeps in the panel BUT I actually want to keep them for other events which I do care to be notified about, such as when someone opens by front gate with group 40 etc so.. The question is, is there a motions sensor group that I can use that does not trigger alarms or causes those three beeps?

Group 28 and 32 looks interesting, but the manuals I found are a bit cryptic on what those groups are exactly for, and when I tried 28, the PIR trigger caused a weird local alarm mode. I'm wondering if there is a way to make 28 or 32 work somehow, or if there is another group that could serve this purpose. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
-Leo

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-19, 04:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
27, 32, or 32 look to be your best bets. GE/ITI has always been a bit cryptic about the features of their sensor group/zone types.