System Sensor (Honeywell) CO1224T End-Of-Life

Old 08-30-19, 01:44 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
System Sensor (Honeywell) CO1224T End-Of-Life

Hello all. I have a Honeywell Vista alarm system with System Sensor CO1224T CO detectors. One of them is at end-of-life, and is indicating a trouble on the alarm panel. The alarm panel is beeping loudly when I come home from work, and I assume is driving the dog crazy all day. Questions for those more knowledgeable than me.

1) Is there any way to acknowledge the trouble, and have the alarm panel shut up permanently until I get get the detector replaced (already on order)?

2) If not, may I open up the CO detector and put a jumper wire between the 3rd and 4th terminal down from the top ("TROUBLE" terminals), to close the trouble relay circuit and prevent the panel from realizing that there is an issue?

3) Any hints, tips, tricks, or techniques that I should know when replacing the detector?

4) Do I need to shut off power to the alarm system first?

Many thanks in advance for all responses!

Old 08-30-19, 04:17 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Yes, jumpering the trouble contact would eliminate the alarm system reacting to the trouble. With that done, you could even power the device down.

Just don't bypass it and forget, and lull yourself into a false sense of security.

As long as you don't short any of the wires together when you are swapping the device out, the replacement should be pretty one to one.

Old 09-27-19, 10:34 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the response.

The CO detector replacements just arrived this week (vendor took 2-1/2 weeks to send them out- ugh!). Turns out that I was in error. The alarm panel was not beeping for the same detector, but for a different one. Seems that I have multiple units that have gone end-of-life. Sorry for the mistake.

I am considering powering down the system to be on the safe side. Any issues with doing that, or is it simply unplug the battery and unplug the transformer? When done swapping out the units, I assume plug in transformer and battery and wait for the system to boot up and all good?

Thanks.

Old 09-27-19, 03:26 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Yup, that should be it. Since these systems don't have a display clock, you don't even have to set the time/date.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: