Battery out on Glass breakage sensor.

Old 09-06-19, 09:49 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Battery out on Glass breakage sensor.

Ademco Vista-10SE Replaced battery but listing "Check guest bedroom glass". Can't arm.

Old 09-06-19, 12:45 PM
P
Received 11 Upvotes on 11 Posts
When you opened it to change the battery, it tripped the sensor's tamper switch. Try disarming the system two times with your 4 digit code. [4 digit code]off [4 digit code] off

Old 09-09-19, 08:02 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
That didn't work. Can I disconnect that room from my alarm so I can still use security system?

Old 09-09-19, 02:59 PM
C
Received 71 Upvotes on 64 Posts
Since it's a wireless sensor, you can only disable the zone by deleting it in Panel Programming.

It would probably be easier to fix the problem. "Check Zone XX" means that either...

(1) The tamper switch is open on the Zone XX sensor.
(2) The Panel isn't hearing from Zone XX.

If (1), then it's just a matter of getting the tamper switch closed when the cover is back on the glassbreak sensor. It's sometimes easy for the cover to _look_ like it's on, but not actually be on quite right. Also, sometimes the tamper switch needs a little extra spacer to be sure it's pushed down far enough by the cover--not knowing the model glassbreak sensor, it's hard to say. But make sure the tamper switch is pushed down when the cover is on, and the problem will clear, _after_ you enter CODE + 1 twice.

(2) If the Panel isn't hearing from Zone XX, that Trouble probably wouldn't have showed up for several hours after the battery change, which I assume isn't the case, or you would have mentioned it. Also, working the tamper switch wouldn't re-trip the zone if the Panel isn't hearing from the sensor. I just wanted to mention the possibility to cover all bases.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: