Clearing wireless sensor low battery notice on TotalConnect

Old 09-20-19, 11:05 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Clearing wireless sensor low battery notice on TotalConnect

Several months ago I got a notice of a low battery in a motion detector on my Honeywell Vista 20p. The same notice showed up in the TotalConnect app. I pulled power, including the battery from the panel, and replaced the battery in the motion detector. This cleared the low-battery notice on the panel itself, but did not clear the low-battery notice on TotalConnect. The warning has remained on TotalConnect for months, even though there is no warning on the panel itself.

I believe the reason this occurred was that TotalConnect was waiting for my panel to send a battery restored signal, and that didn't happen because the panel was powered down at the time I replaced the battery. But the panel knows everything is fine because the motion detector is not sending low-battery warnings to it.

I thought I could fix this by forcing the panel to send a low-battery restored signal to TotalConnect. With the panel powered up, I put the old weak battery back in the motion detector, confirmed this with a low-battery warning on the keypad, then put in a good battery. I believe this enabled the battery restored signal to be sent to TotalConnect, because the low-battery warning in TotalConnect has been cleared.

So the lesson here is to not power down the panel when replacing batteries in wireless sensors, as you could end up preventing the battery restored signal from getting sent to TotalConnect, and potentially be stuck with low-battery warnings in the app, even though all the sensor batteries are fine. I did bypass the sensor while replacing the battery, just so the tamper wouldn't set anything off.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-19, 09:39 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
I had a tamper issue that wouldn’t go away on total connect with my lyric controller and I managed to fix it by entering programming mode and into zone programming. Then I exit it and the total connect app says zone sync in progress the successful and it went away