Need help unplugging an old alarm system

Old 10-19-19, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help unplugging an old alarm system

so we have adt and have a Safewatch plus entrepreneur yes I realize it's super old. today it won't stop going off every twenty mins citing trouble. when I press 2 it says zone 4. that's an issue because there's nothing wrong with the basement door or wireless censor. bypassing won't work and it screams when unarmed too. it's Saturday so if a technician comes out adt wants $374 for an emergency appointment. no thanks. I'd rather just unplug everything myself withouth starting a fire or cutting the wires and therefore I'll be liable for repair expenses. anyway can someone walk me through how to fix this with images would be great but if not that's fine. it's hardwired if that helps anyone. and uh there's a wire coming out of terminal 3 that may be my issue idk how to get it reconnected until the technician comes out to look covered under the warranty on Monday afternoon.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-19, 05:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Easy enough. You just need to find the outlet that the power transformer is plugged into, and remove it from the outlet. Then unplug the wires on the backup battery. Done!

This is a modified Moose Z900 (http://froulasolutions.com/cd/MooseZ900Inst.pdf)

A 4 displayed when you press the 2 key is failure to communicate. Either you have disconnected the phone line the alarm is connected to, or the account that it's supposed to call doesn't exist anymore.

Old 10-19-19, 08:25 PM
omg

thank you so much I'm going to be trying that right now I'll get back to you if it failed. from what I can see terminal three has a wire that isn't connected theres no extra copper on the wire to connect it into the terminal either. I'm assuming that's the issue but I could be entirely wrong. I'm just going to disconnect it until Monday.

Old 10-19-19, 08:42 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Terminal 3 is for a programmable output. That has nothing to do with a communication failure trouble.

Old 10-19-19, 10:02 PM
I finally got it off it may have been the transformer. I found it on the other side of the basement and it was super hot and looked burnt. thank you so much for your help.