Concord 4 constant Phone Test Failure

Old 10-20-19, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 constant Phone Test Failure

I am attempting to turn off Phone Testing, since this panel is not contracted with an alarm company, was just part of the house when we purchased it. Have an EEPROM reader and cannot find the Installer code. The Installer location 0x03E5-6 only shows null values FF FF, and the dealer location reveals 00 01. Neither of these allow me to enter System Programming. I have access to the User Code, but that is it. My home has OOMA but it really never worked. And my Internet Provider does not lay down cooper phone lines anymore (AT&T).

The battery was replaced today due to low battery alarms (installed 2011). Before, the system would beep in the morning at 700AM and 800AM, which was okay since it served as an additional alarm clock for the family. But since the battery change-out, it beeps Phone Test Failure every five freaking minutes. Had to resort to unplug the entire panel until I can sort this out.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-19, 03:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
In general, trying to extract those codes with an eeprom reader isn't going to do much good. If the factory default code doesn't work, if you know who the original installer/monitoring company was, there are a few educated guesses that can be made.

This is a brand and model of system that is known to be very difficult to get around the installer code, if it's not known.

Old 10-21-19, 03:13 PM
I actually contacted the Monitoring Company, based upon a sign the prior owner had in the front yard. ASG Security. I contacted their number, and apparently they were bought out by ADT (what else is new?). I was told by their telephone support representative that they would not assist me since I did not have an account with them. I explained that if they would let me talk to their technical support staff, that all I required was to turn of the Phone Testing. I was put on hold for several minutes and was told again that they would not help unless I had an account with them.
Does the company name help in any way?

Old 10-22-19, 03:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If it got taken over by ADT, there is a decent chance that one of the typical ADT code is being used. We can't post them here, because they fuss, but they pop up all over the web: https://www.google.com/search?q=adt+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 10-22-19, 08:19 PM
I have actually tried all the usual numbers posted online, before I posted my original request for advice.
I believe that I will have to attempt entering the numbers in numerical order when I have the opportunity. Might get lucky early.
Does the Concord 4 have a failed repetitively attempts lockout?

Last edited by Quidoc; 10-22-19 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-23-19, 03:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
No, you should be safe to try brute force code entry. It could be something as dumb as the last 4 digits of the installing company phone number, the house street address, the last 4 digits of the account number, etc.

Old 10-23-19, 06:11 AM
Received 13 Votes on 13 Posts
It's a shot in the dark, but this might be helpful.

https://www.datagenetics.com/blog/september32012/

Old 10-23-19, 10:34 AM
Wow, ChosunOne! I have been a longtime fan of XKCD! Never thought to search for the solution there. Will look into it when I get home. Thanks for the input.

Old 10-25-19, 02:07 PM
I'm having a similar issue. I was able to extract two codes, using an EEPROM reader. I assumed one was the master code and the other the installer code (one of the common ones listed for ADT). But, neither code gets me into the "SYSTEM PROGRAMMING" menu and both get me into the user programming area. When I use 8+code, I am prompted for a command. Entering '0' is fine, but when I enter the second '0' I get the invalid entry buzzer.

Is the installer code different from the "dealer code"? Is there a documented location for the dealer code?

Oh, and when playing with the panel, I had armed it for a phone test and it kept going off every hour and then every few minutes. I turned it on a few days later and somehow (don't remember exactly what I did, maybe just disarm?) I got it back to beeping 2-4 times a day (at reasonable hours).

Last edited by ekewaka; 10-25-19 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Adding additional information
Old 10-25-19, 02:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Another consideration with Concord systems: What model keypad do you have? Not all keypad models will allow you to access installer programming, even if you have the correct code.

You might have to take the back plate off the wall, because some models put the label on the back of the mounting plate.

Old 10-25-19, 08:01 PM
It's a GE Interlogix Model 60-820.
Other numbers on the backplate:
S4006
42-248-40 Rev. C

Ah, and I just found the installation manual and it's one that is not installer programmable:

This touchpad cannot be used for installer programming. You must connect an alphanumeric touchpad to the panel to perform on-site programming, or use ToolBox Downloader (software version 5.1 or newer).

What are my options? Can I use the ToolBox Downloader? (is "Enterprise Downloader" the same thing?)
If not, (how) can I get access to an alphanumeric touchpad?

Old 10-26-19, 07:23 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The learning curve on the software is pretty steep, and it's really best suited for configuring multiple, similar systems. It's also a bit fiddly to get running on most newer computers (requires a specific version of SQL).

Use the following touchpads for installer/user programming and system operation.
SuperBus 2000 2x16 LCD touchpad 60-746-01
SuperBus 2000 2x20 LCD touchpad 60-803-04
SuperBus 2000 2x20 VFD touchpad 60-804-04
SuperBus 2000 ATP 1000 touchpad 60-983
SuperBus 2000 ATP 2100 touchpad 60-985
SuperBus 2000 ATP 2600 touchpad 60-984

Old 10-26-19, 10:40 AM
Thank you! I will look into upgrading one of our touchpads.