safewatch pro 3000 EN sound alarm on AC failure

Old 10-28-19, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
safewatch pro 3000 EN sound alarm on AC failure

The alarm of my Safewatch 3000 was triggered 2 am this morning because of an hydro failure. I was not able to get off my bed in time to reset it. So I was the bad guy in the neighborhood.
The Safewatch 3000 was already in the house when I moved in. I was under the impression that when power fail it should just used battery power and perhaps trigger the alarm until a low battery condition.
Is the current setup of my Safewatch 3000 normal (i.e. trigger alarm when NO AC) ? Can it be reprogram to do like I what I expect (trigger alarm only when NO AC and battery low ) ? or any suggestion on what should be the best setting for NO AC ?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-19, 02:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
How old is your backup battery? The typical lifespan is 3-5 years; and anything beyond that is borrowed time.

If the system was armed, and lost power with a aged battery, the system voltage can drop low enough for devices like motion detectors or powered glass break sensors to fail to their alarm state.

Otherwise, there _isn't_ a feature for the SW3000/Vista 20p to trigger an alarm on power fail.

Old 10-30-19, 12:20 PM
I expect to get a battery warning if the battery is not good. My battery is about 3.5 years. Anyway to check before I go and buy a new battery ? I tried to simulate a power failure by flipping the main breaker on my electrical panel and the alarm sounds. I have no idea which individual breaker controls my Safewatch 3000. I think flipping the main breaker is a better simulation anyway.

Old 10-30-19, 03:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sometimes the battery will have enough life left to test good with the internal system load test; but not have enough reserve to sustain the system above the voltage that the devices need, under load.

You can just unplug the power pack from the outlet it's plugged into, or take the wire off of terminal 1 or 2.

Old 10-31-19, 02:02 PM
I tried to identify which breaker provide power to the Safewtach pro 3000 by flipping breakers one and a time with the system disarmed (the last test I did was with system armed). I expect to see AC off warning just on the touchpad panel. But the alarm was triggered when I flip the breaker that provides power to the Safewatch 3000. Why is the alarm triggered when the system was not armed ? Should I suspect some kind of programming error ?

Old 10-31-19, 02:24 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Are you sure this is an actual "alarm" and not a trouble signal ie. rapid beeping?

Old 10-31-19, 02:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If it is going into actual (siren sounding) alarm; does it display an alarm zone on the display? It is possible that you have something unusual, like a glass break zone that's programmed as a 24 hour zone.

Old 10-31-19, 08:55 PM
It was rapid beeping and I reset it immediately as I have already upset my neighbor once. So I cannot be sure that will actually result in the siren. But I do not have the rapid beeping if I open a window or door contact when the system is not armed. It will only display the warning and the ready light turn off (or flashing). The alarm was already there when I moved into the house. I have no idea what was programmed. Is there any way to display what is programmed ? I do not have the installer code. I was only given the code to arm or disarm the system.

Old 11-01-19, 02:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If it's a rapid beep from the keypad, that's not an alarm, that's the trouble indicator, which you clear by entering your code +1 (off) as if disarming.

A "Safewatch Pro 3000" is a Vista 20p with minor modifications for ADT.

Installer manual: http://www.nationwidesecuritycorp.co...all-Manual.pdf

User manual: https://www.armsecuritysystems.com/a...ser-Manual.pdf

One of the modifications, is that the default installation code is going to be the one commonly used by ADT (we can't post it here, because they object; but if you web search using the phrase "ADT installer code" you will find lots of results).

Old 11-13-19, 05:03 PM
Just like to report back to all who tried to help. It was the battery. Thanks.