Replacing / updating GE Concord Express

Old 11-07-19, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replacing / updating GE Concord Express

Installed 2005. Went from POTS to Telguard TG-1 Express, which will be good until early 2022 it appears, which will work for us. Have 5 hard wired sensors, 10+ wireless sensors. No remote ability.

Have a Simplisafe 2 system on our cottage. Quick central station response. Looked at a SS3 system for here, figuring we could move it when we relo. Even with a nice discount came up spending $800+ including some cameras, video doorbell, door lock.

Want to evaluate what I can do to get our current sensors/systems upgraded to an interactive system, via cellular. Not interested in an IP connection.

I was told by our central station that we could replace motherboard with Concord 4 (also dated), and add an IGM Flex cellular module, from my research looks like I'd want an RE929X LTE to not have it die in the next 2 years... I'd be spending $300+ on dated stuff, but would be able to keep my sensors. Ideally, I could just do cellular control via my TG-1 Express, but that appears unlikely.

Past research I did showed that Simon or Caddx NX would be compatible with my Interlogic sensors.

Thoughts on cheapest path to get me 1 1/2 years with some interactivity?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-19, 03:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
First rule of thumb with security systems: "Dated" doesn't mean what you _think_ it means. Security systems make changes _very_ incrementally; because of the UL certifications (expensive _and_ time consuming) that are involved...

That said, yes the Simon and NX hardware is compatible with your existing wireless devices. Since you are already dealing with a base-line hardwired system; your best bang for the buck (in my opinion) is to go with either the Concord 4 or the NX system. Both are modular, so most of the extended functionality is dependent on the add on boards that you add to the system. It's not the _cheapest_ route; but is the most flexible, given what you are starting with; again, in my opinion.

RickDoIt voted this post useful.