Remove zone on DSC Power832/PC5015

Old 11-14-19, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Remove zone on DSC Power832/PC5015

Hi,
I would be grateful for some programming advice please.
I have found some posts in the forum with similar questions but I am reluctant to risk trying out my own interpretation of the programming in case I mess it up!
I have a DSC Power832/PC5015 alarm system – keypad LCD5501PZ, with wireless sensors. The smoke alarm is a WS4916EU and I want to remove it from the system (it has a fault and I have other smoke detectors). I have an amber light on my keypad and fault codes of 5 and 6 for zone 9 – presumably because the system can’t find the sensor, which is in zone 9.
So I believe I need to program the system to remove zone 9. I understand I can get into programming mode by entering *8 “installer’s code” - I need to discover what else I must enter after that. Zones 1 to 6 and zone 9 are currently programmed.
Thanks
Steve

Last edited by scmxx; 11-14-19 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Accuracy
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-19, 04:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Installer manual: https://cms.dsc.com/download2.php?t=1&id=13694

Programming worksheet: https://cms.dsc.com/download2.php?t=1&id=13696

You actually have to do two things: You need to delete the wireless device from the system, _and_ set the zone to an unused zone.

I'm going to guess that you have the 5132-433 wireless receiver on the system, since it doesn't sound like you have the wireless receiver keypad:

Receiver manual: https://cms.dsc.com/download2.php?t=1&id=13725

To remove the transmitter:
*8 [installer code]
804 (wireless programming)
000000 (overwrite serial number with zeros)
# until you exit programming

To set the zone to unused:
*8 [installer code]
002 (zone 9-16 definitions)
00 (change zone 9 zone type to "null")
# until you exit programming.

That _should_ do the trick.

scmxx voted this post useful.
Old 11-15-19, 05:28 AM
Thanks very much for the reply. You are correct that I have a PC5132NB/433 receiver. Thanks also for the manuals links - I've downloaded them.

I've followed the instructions to nullify the wireless component in zone 9 and zone 9 itself - the keypad seemed to beep at the right times but the problem hasn't quite gone away.
I was getting an amber light on the keypad and fault codes 5 and 6 (when I pressed *2) and they were each for zone 9 (when I then pressed 5 and 6 to find the zone).
Now I have the amber light showing on my keypad and *2 still gives a fault code 5 but when I press 5 there is no zone shown.
I have also set the alarm and cleared it to see if that made any difference.

Is there some other step I might need to take to reset the fault condition?

I also noticed on another response you made for a PC1832 that you advised as below in blue - my board has a sticker PC5015 V2.84U which I guess is older so I still need to use section 002 to get to zone 9?

I should also say I have removed the batteries from the WS4916EU sensor but left it in its fitting on the ceiling.

Any further advice you have would be very welcome.

I did wonder if it would be worth going back and trying to reinstate everything - the zone, the ESN for the WS4916 and put the batteries back in - then nullify the zone and the component again?

Next you have to change the zone type to 00 for each zone that is deleted:
*8 [installer code]

xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
(xx being the zone type for the first 16 zones, in order)
For zones that you don't want to change the value of, press any one of the Fire/Aux/Panic keys to step through to the next location.
Press # to exit programming

Old 11-15-19, 05:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
The newer models group their zones in groups of 16; the older models did groups of 8.

Since this was a fire zone; try doing a power cycle. Some of the older models tended to have troubles like this that would get "stuck" and a power cycle would clear it out. Power down (AC and Battery) and restore power (battery first). (No, you won't lose any programming; but you will need to set the clock)

scmxx voted this post useful.
Old 11-16-19, 04:34 AM
Smile

WONDERFUL!! The power cycle worked - thanks very much again.
I also tested my siren when all the power was disconnected!

You've also given me the confidence to do a few other things (some key fobs that need enrolling and an extra sensor needs installing) - hopefully I'll cope with those on my own.

Thanks again

Steve