Code troubles on a Concord 55-702-E Board

Old 11-29-19, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Code troubles on a Concord 55-702-E Board

I'm more a less a noob at professional security systems, so bear with me. I have a Concord panel that seems to be more or less locked down by the dealer. The previous owners of the building were thoughtful enough to write a code down on a sticky note behind one of the closet doors, but I'm afraid it's only a user code, as I am not able to access the user menu with it. Interestingly enough, I am able to get to the "ENTER COMMAND" prompt by typing 8 + the code I found, but I am not able to press 00 to get into programming. I am able to get into sensor test, but I don't know if that is significant to my situation or not. I haven't tried getting into phone test, nor have I tried checking if there were any other partitions armed. I won't be able to check those until Sunday, since that's the next time I'm going to be visiting the place that has this system. I've considered asking the installer company (one of those fairly small local companies), but they've gone out of business it seems like.

In the worst case scenario I can use an EEPROM programmer to read the 24C65 EEPROM and look for the code, but given that this eeprom differs from the much more common 24C256, I feel that I'd have to look in different places to find the codes I require.

Edit: Here's a picture of the keypad, if that's helpful in any way.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...377/image0.png

Last edited by ToriToriningen; 11-29-19 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Added image of keypad
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-19, 02:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
If it has the ITI logo, then it's a really old Concord. One of the quirks with the Concord series, is that not all keypad models _can_ access programming, even if you have the correct code; and I'm pretty sure that that keypad is one of the ones that can't. I _don't_ think that any of the current production programming keypads are compatible with one this old.

Just trying to get things like manuals for this one can be tricky; because GE/interlogix (owner of the Concord line, now) doesn't provide documentation on their site for it.

Old 11-30-19, 05:50 PM
Ahh, that would be unfortunate if that's the case. If that is the problem, should I consider replacing the panel board with a more typical Concord 4 board from ebay, or would I have to replace both the board and the keypad?

Another idea, would it still be possible to at least access quick programming without a compatible touchpad? Or am I mistaken in thinking this old of a system even has quick programming?

Old 12-01-19, 01:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
For an upgrade, you are going to need to replace control and keypad (for one with programming access). The existing keypad _might_ work as a secondary keypad (not entirely sure).

I don't think this model had the quick programming feature (haven't seen the installer manual for one, in ages).

Old 12-01-19, 01:39 PM
Well, look’s like buying a new board is my only option now. I tried to tinker with the eeprom, hoping the method of taking it out and putting it back in would do anything. Of course it didn’t, and when I put it back in I got a memory failure. To add insult to injury, I broke the bottom two pins when I tried to take it back out of the socket. Oh well, it was a pretty old board, right?

Unless someone can provide me with an image for the 55-702-E EEPROM to write to a new chip, I guess my only option would be to look towards ebay for a new board.

Old 12-02-19, 03:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
While it's an interesting, uber geeky thing to do; I've rarely seen people have much luck with trying to read the raw data off of one of these security eeproms. Many of them use fairly non-standard coding, so the data isn't generally very helpful (without the manufacturer's truth table).

That said, you can get a Concord 4 with the correct keypad for $150-175 with minimal shopping...

Old 12-07-19, 07:59 PM
Well, I got a new board off of ebay, but... All's not quite sailing well. I still have the old keypad and am trying to use that to just test if the new board will work. Unfortunately I'm getting that dreaded line of asterisks no matter what I do. The board doesn't seem dead since its relays click every minute or so, and the voice module's led blinks like how the old one used to. Is there something I'm missing?

Old 12-08-19, 04:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
What model is your keypad? I'm pretty sure it's not compatible with most of the newer versions.

Old 12-08-19, 01:43 PM
On the touchpad’s pcb, it says “55-714-C”

Judging from the only other forum post I can find on the internet, I think you are correct about it being way too old for the system board. Oh well, I have an ATP1000 on watching, which I think will work, right?