Two Voice Modules In a Concord system?

Old 12-12-19, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Two Voice Modules In a Concord system?

I have two PIV modules on hand, and I had ordered a couple speakers off of ebay. In hindsight, I probably should've just bought one speaker and one piezo siren, but my original idea was to have one speaker for each of my keypads, and that they would be able to speak independently of each other. Would this be possible in any way, or am I just better off wiring the speakers in series?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-19, 01:36 PM
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Look at the minimum load (impedance) of your voice driver, and then at the impedance of your speakers. If both speakers are the same impedance:
1) Wiring the 2 speakers in series, the total impedance will be twice that of one speaker. But, if one voice coil goes open, neither speaker will work.
2) Wiring the 2 speakers in parallel, the total impedance will be half that of one speaker. The lower the impedance, the greater the load on your panel; DO NOT go below the minimum impedance.
If the speakers' impedance are not the same, there are on-line calculators that will give you the answer. Just be sure you are using a calculator for the correct type of circuit.