Dsc keypad issue

Old 01-11-20, 06:20 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dsc keypad issue

Does anyone know why a keypad would be powered but have no display and aim it a long continuous beep. The beep is not constant but is maybe one to two seconds long every four to five seconds. They keypad is a PK5501. It was working before I re-ran a section of wire that got crushed. The original installer alternated between wire that contained R/B/G/Y and R/B/G/W conductors. My suspicion is that he (during the original install) or I (during the replacement) may have swapped the green and yellow/white.
I
that what would cause the keypad to power up and emit the long beep but have no display. It does have a trouble light showing.

Old 01-12-20, 03:28 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
To follow up, just in case this helps someone else, I verified the correct colors were matched at the keypad, panel, and splice point. Everything was correct at all places. I knew the red and black wires were good because the keypad was powered. I moved the yellow/white and green splice points and found that the yellow solid core wire was brittle and broke off, disconnecting from the wire. I redid the yellow connection and powered the system. Everything works like it did before the issue.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: