setting 5800PIR to chime 6150RF panel

Old 01-17-20, 11:19 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
setting 5800PIR to chime 6150RF panel

I have a scenario where I need to be able to detect motion 24hrs a day, but cannot have the alarm going off each time. . .I'd like for the 6150RF panel (working off of a Vista 21P) to chime, like it's an entry/exit zone type when in disarmed mode. Additional details: I have a bedroom, and I need to know if one of the residents gets out of bed. I understand that the resident moving in their sleep will activate the motion detector, and that's okay, I just need the panel to 'chime' for the caretaker so they can respond to each event. Through my 'fumbling' around with the panel, I got it to work briefly, but then battled tamper alarms, bad batteries, etc. . .and somehow can't get the configuration back to where it will chime during motion (in a disarmed state, cause again, don't need the alarm going off at all, it's strictly motion in the bedroom that needs to be monitored). Current configuration is: zone type 8 (aux), RC 10, RF supervision '3', set for loop 1 (which I believe is for 'pet' immunity). . . currently, every time one of the residents moves in the bedroom, the panel goes in to an alarm state even while in 'disarmed mode', which I'm suspecting is due to the zone type being set to 8. Tried setting it to 1 & 2 for entry/exit zone type, that didn't work, and tried zone type 4 for perimeter zone type, but that doesn't 'chime' the panel. Any thoughts on how to detect motion inside a bedroom, with alarm system disarmed, and 'not' blowing the caretaker out of their chair at 3 o'clock in the morning? (tried wrapping the speaker in cotton to deaden the deafening sound, but did not muffle the volume nearly enough). Thanks in advance with any ideas you might have.

Old 01-17-20, 02:51 PM
C
Received 42 Votes on 40 Posts
The simplest way to get the zone to chime is to program it for Zone Type 3, normally used for doors and windows. Understand, during non-sleeping times when someone is moving around in the room for extensive periods, you may need to bypass the zone (Code + 6 + Zone number) to keep it from driving you nuts.

john.ispy voted this post useful.
Old 01-18-20, 07:48 AM
J
Leave all the other settings the same? RF supervision, loop 1, RC 10? This site is two hours from my house, so hoping to get back down there one last time and make these changes. I made the mistake of buying these devices from different distributors. . .in various conditions. . .had to replace batteries in a few, found missing tamper switches plungers in others. Should have bought from a reliable vendor; would have saved me time and money. Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a try next week.

Old 01-18-20, 09:57 AM
C
Yes, leave the other settings the same: RF Supervision and Loop 1 are determined by the type of device you have, not how you want to use it. All RF(wireless) PIRs are always set as RF Sup and Loop 1.

RC 10 (Reporting Code = 10) is a setting pertaining to how it reports to a central monitoring station. Whether your system is reporting to a station or not, there has to be a "filler" value in that slot. It doesn't matter as far as how the Control Panel (whatever it is) responds to the PIR. Nearly all Honeywell/Ademco Control Panels are set at RC=10 for all zones nowadays, even when they're not monitored.

The model of your Control Panel wasn't relevant to your original question this time, but for future reference (if you ever have another type of problem with the system) it's always a good idea to give the make & model of the Control Panel, not just the Keypad (the 6150RF).
In everyday talk, it's okay to call the keypad a "panel", that's kind of a generic word; but in the alarm industry we have a jargon that lets us all know we're talking about the same thing. When we alarm techs say "Panel", we're always talking about the Control Panel, the brains of the system, that controls everything, usually housed in a steel cabinet in an out-of-the-way place like a basement, utility space, or closet. The Keypad is just the interface between the Control Panel and the User.

For your particular issue, I didn't need to know the Panel model, after you named the Honeywell/Ademco keypad, because the program settings in question are the same for all models, in re this particular issue. (The 6150 KP is compatible with over a dozen models of Honeywell/Ademco Panels, going back over ~25 years.) For another issue, the model might make a difference.
Just for future reference.

john.ispy voted this post useful.
Old 01-19-20, 07:50 PM
J
Thanks for the reply and the information. I am very 'green' regarding these devices. I install surveillance systems and had a customer that needed motion detection for the bedrooms they monitor. I'm using the Vista 21P 'panel'. This particular set up is really just ten 5800's, watching each 'bed' in this safe-house, and just needs to 'ping/chime' the keypad so the caretaker knows there's movement inside the room; 24hours a day, 7 days a week. No off prem monitoring, no other security or sensors working off this system. Should be a pretty simple set up. Thanks again for the guidance/instruction. I will be back at the home this week to try the above changes...hopefully this works the way the customer wants. (FYI, former Bal'mor resident. ... still pulling for my O's)

Old 01-21-20, 09:49 AM
J
any chance you're online? I tried changing the setting to zone type 3, and the 'ready' light goes out, but the keyboard does not 'chime' as needed. Current settings are: Zone 18 Zone Type 3 Partition 1 Report Code 10 IN: RF and Loop 1s. ... verified the chime is not bypassed. just not sure why it won't chime.

Old 01-21-20, 10:38 AM
J
Sorry. . .Belay my last. It is chiming, but the keypad has to be set to 'bypass chime' for the keypad to chime when motion is detected.??? not sure why it has to be bypassed, but at least it's working now. Thanks for the assistance.

Old 01-21-20, 10:49 AM
C
If it's working, great, take it---but I don't understand the "bypass chime" you speak of.
There is a "BYPASS" feature (CODE + 6 + Zone Number) to have the Panel ignore status of whatever zone number you enter. There there's a "CHIME" feature that has the keypad(s) sound a chime when a perimeter device is opened. Those are separate & independent features. But there is no "Bypass Chime" feature.

But as I said, if it's working, take it.

Old 01-21-20, 04:28 PM
J
Again, really do appreciate the assistance. I used the wrong 'word' before. . .I have to enter the master code and hold the '9/chime' key to 'disarm' chime. So when it's in the 'disarm chime' state, then it chimes. . .but again. . .it's working, so I'm going to move on to other projects. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: