Random alarm faults

Old 03-29-20, 09:29 AM
A
Received 2 Votes on 1 Post
Random alarm faults

Greeting all

Over the last month or so we have been experiencing random faults on zone 5 (windows) including a few 3 am loud alarms. the fault only shows for 20 or 30 seconds and then goes away. I have physically inspected every sensor and they all appear to be fine and if i press status or set the alarm the system shows ok.

I have currently be bypassing zone 5 when i set the alarm to avoid the 3 am wake up. or the false alarm when not home (rare now with the schools closed).

Any thoughts on what to check before I call for service? I do have plans to upgrade the system in the near future to one that does not need the landline so I can get rid of that.

Current system is 15 years old and is a GE concord express 60-806, 60-806R.

Also if I upgrade any thoughts or recommendations we currently have 5 zones covering 2 primary entry/exit doors, all other doors, windows, 2 motion sensors. we also have 4 spoke/fire detectors (that should be replace anyway do to age). Would love to somehow connect the 14 H/W smoke carbon monoxide detectors (all replace 2 yeas ago) to the alarm so I do not need 2 separate systems.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.

Paul

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-20, 12:12 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,167 Votes on 1,082 Posts
One of the switches is on the edge of tripping. Due to heat and cold things expand and contract.
Put the alarm in watch (chime) mode and then play with each window. Try moving the window as little as possible to see where it trips. Try moving the windows with them locked.

I have condo associations with hundreds of wired windows. I spend a lot of time checking them for integrity. Luckily in all our custom and newer systems..... the windows are all wired individually making it easy to pinpoint a problem.

There is a relay (same company as detectors) that will allow you to connect the hardwired detectors to your alarm. The one major downfall is that the relay only works when the detectors are on 120v. The relay won't work with a power failure.

ChosunOne voted this post useful.