is3035 PIR and vista 20P and permanent fault

Old 05-20-20, 07:14 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry is3035 PIR and vista 20P and permanent fault

I just got two is3035 PIR for my vista20p system with 6160 keypad. I installed only one is3035 so far and on it's own zone, 14. Yes, I have the zone extender. Zone extender has other sensors on ti already and all working fine, sensors being door/window switches. After power up, system comes on. I see the red LED on the is3035 for a few seconds, then it is off. Walk test shows it working. mash *56 and add the PIR in zone 14 as type 04 and aux wire. hit *s...00..*99...system ready light appears. Then immediately system ready light goes off and the zone shows a fault. No motion in room, keypad is not near it. I have removed/re-attached all wiring three times now and still same. Hooked up the second PIR in same place to see if maybe I got a bad one, same outcome. Voltage is showing 13 or so volts. I do not have the tamper connections set and no EOLR here. What the heck could be wrong? I can't even arm in stay or away in this case

Sponsored Links

Popular Reply

05-20-20, 08:02 PM
PJmax
Group Moderator
Received 1,192 Votes on 1,103 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Go to the expansion board..... remove the zone 14 wires from the terminals and use a piece of wire to create a short. Does the alarm show that zone normal now ?

If it's normal..... the problem is in the PIR wiring.
If it's not normal.... the point is not programmed correctly.

Some of the expander boards required EOL resistors.

Old 05-20-20, 08:02 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Go to the expansion board..... remove the zone 14 wires from the terminals and use a piece of wire to create a short. Does the alarm show that zone normal now ?

If it's normal..... the problem is in the PIR wiring.
If it's not normal.... the point is not programmed correctly.

Some of the expander boards required EOL resistors.

ChosunOne, Douglas Knudsen voted this post useful.
Old 05-21-20, 03:39 PM
D
OMG! you are dead right. geesh! I have EOLRs on everything properly and for some reason jumped on this blindly following a couple youtube vids. *facepalm*

For posterity and searches landing here. Add the EOLR, at the device properly or at the least on the board.

Now to understand if possible to bypass the PIR when in unarmed state so the keypad is not constantly faulting.

Thanks PJmax

Old 05-21-20, 07:56 PM
Group Moderator
The keypad should show the PIR faulted even when the alarm is disarmed if someone walks in front of it.

Possibly you have the chime feature on and it chimes every time the PIR is tripped ?
If that's the case.... the PIR needs to be set as an interior zone as opposed to a perimeter zone.

Old 05-23-20, 01:22 PM
D
thanks agai Pete. It is set to interior/follower, so no chime. Just that which you said, faults show on keypad. I suppose that is just like a window or door behavior eh? Just looked odd, though maybe interior/follower would disable that. I've read in other corners of the interweb people noticing this and doing some special setups to avoid it, I'm going to leave it as is

Old 05-23-20, 05:52 PM
Group Moderator
It should be showing on the keypad. It is a valid fault if someone has walked in front of it.
I don't know of a way to keep it from showing on the keypad.

As long as it doesn't chime.... it should be fine.