DSC PC1550 replacement/upgrade

Old 06-30-20, 11:20 AM
Received 37 Votes on 31 Posts
DSC PC1550 replacement/upgrade

I have a wired DSC PC1550 alarm system with the standard 6 zone, LED keypad. Several years ago multiple keys on the original keypad became unresponsive and I replaced it. One of the keys on the newer keypad is beginning to work erratically so I am considering another replacement.

I would like a new keypad that has a readout screen in English instead of the LED lights. I would also like to be able to access the system to determine state and control via Alexa.

Is there a newer keypad available with that feature and possibly RF and/or WiFi capabilities that I can retrofit to my existing system? Are there any Alexa Skills for DSC alarm systems?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-20, 12:17 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 70 Posts
This system hasn't been in production for nearly 20 years; so any compatible replacement parts you are likely to find are going be "new old stock"; and the entire system pre-dates most of the features that you are really interested in adding. In short, you aren't likely to find what you want for this system.

My advice, since you are already used the DSC interface; I recommend swapping the alarm control and keypad(s) for the current production PC1832 system: https://www.dsc.com/alarm-security-p...nel%20PC1832/2

If you really want to "future proof" you could go with their newer PowerSeries Neo: https://www.dsc.com/dsc-product-families/Neo/1

In either case, you would be starting from scratch (in terms of configuration), but all of your field wiring and devices, other than the keypads, will be interchangeable.

2john02458 voted this post useful.