DSC Alarm Questions

Old 07-05-20, 09:55 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC Alarm Questions

So my DSC 1864 panel's modem decided to go belly up. It's dialing out, but not communicating with the Monitoring station. I have an Envislink module installed for my Home Automation system, and am getting notices thru that module, so I decided to switch monitoring to an IP based solution. Cheaper and I don't have to pay to have my alarm panel replaced.

My issue is that I still have a Trouble light on the panel, as it can't dial out(phone line disconnected) and can't communicate. I've powered down the panel, but the light comes back on after a few minutes. I've tried to disable dialing, disabling the phone line, and disable the periodic testing, but again, not sure I have the right installer code as pressing *85555 doesn't really show anything on my display. The whole thing just goes blank.

I THINK the installer code is default, and the guy who did the install gave me his Installer Code option, but not sure either are really right.

One option was to completely reset the entire system to default. This is something I'm willing to do, but I'm assuming I'd need to re-program the whole damn thing to have it operational again. By that I mean, just resetting it and turning it on doesn't mean it'll know what zones are doors, which one are windows, which ones need exit delays... etc I have no idea how to set all that up, although I guess I could find more online, but I MAINLY would like some confirmation that my thoughts are correct about the reset, that it won't rest to an operationally useful state.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-20, 07:30 AM
D
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If you do a factory default you will need to
enter zone definitions in sect 001 thru 004
01 delay
03 instant
05 stay/away
07 hardwired smoke detectors

set pgm 1 & 2functions in 009
03 is for smoke power reset and 04 is for 2 wire smoke detector

sect 013 option 1 torn option 1 on for N/C zones
sect 015 opt 7 turn off to disable TLM
sect 017 option 6 turn on for daylight savings time
section 020 will set keypad zones

section 202 thru 209 will assign zones to partition 1

sections 301,302, & 304 Should be all F's

This should set your panel for use as a local system

If you have any wireless devices the S/N is stored in the reciever
and you can set the wireless up by entering the zone type in sections 001 thru 004

This is the minimum amount of programming that you have to do to make your system operational after a default reset.
Depending on your system you may need to do additional programming

If you need a a user manual you can find one at panelguides.com
the sign on doesn't work just click on panel guides to search for your panel

Old 07-08-20, 04:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
5555 is the normal default installer code. If it's not working, then you should try the code the installer suggested.

Installer manual: https://cms.dsc.com/download2.php?t=1&id=17007