Vista 21 IPLTE Panel: Can I chime just one door??

Old 07-17-20, 06:18 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vista 21 IPLTE Panel: Can I chime just one door??

I've got a door used for deliveries - during the day. I want the sensor on the door to be:
  • armed in the "away" mode,
  • not armed in the "stay" mode, (so that deliveries can be made to a protected space and not left in the weather)
  • armed in the "night-stay" mode, and
  • I'd like it to chime the keypad when the system is "stay" or when "not armed".

I don't want any of the other doors to chime (ever!).

I can get three of these four by calling the door an "interior follower" (ZT=4) and selecting it in "night-stay zone" in *81 zone list menu, but this "interior follower" is not recognized in the Zone list for "chime-by-zone" (list #) in *81 zone list menu - so it won't chime.

I've been using this approach for years, but with a recent panel upgrade, I'm looking to see if I can get the chime to work, too. I'm looking at the zone types in *81, but there's little documentation around "general purpose" zones (an example would be really nice!), but I don't think it's what I had in mind. It might work this way if I hooked up a separate delivery chime as an output using *79 and *80 (I think I have relays on the 4229 board!).

Another possibility looks like I might set up a configurable zone to chime when chime mode (*26) is set to "chime-by-zone". However, there is a warning at *182 not to use configurable zones for fire or burglar alarms. This statement seems at odds with entry #9 about Fire Zone under the configurable zone worksheet.

If anyone wants to give me some direction, I'm willing to do the work. I just don't know what "will work". I'd be ever so grateful to have a chime when I get a delivery. Thank you!

Old 07-18-20, 10:52 AM
T
Received 197 Upvotes on 173 Posts
If you have an unused zone on the panel, my suggestion would be to add another contact to the door, connect it to the unused zone and program the new zone to chime. I would also program the zone as non-reporting. But that's just me.

Old 07-18-20, 03:07 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you for thinking about my goals.

Frankly, I've been trying to dodge approaches that required cost and install effort for another RF sensor on that door until I was sure that I couldn't make do with what I already have. However, if that's what it takes, I just may have to suck it up!

Again, thank you!

Old 07-20-20, 03:24 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If you have programming access, you can put that zone as the sole entry on a chime by zone list, then activate the feature in programming location *26
Manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Adem...n%20Manual.pdf

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: