QolSys Arm Stay Unwanted delay

Old 09-17-20, 03:08 PM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
QolSys Arm Stay Unwanted delay

IM stumped on QolSys. When set for arm stay" the front door starts a 30-second countdown before alarming. How does one make that instant for the front door when the system is set for "arm stay". BTW I'm very very impressed with the QolSys system. thanks!

Old 09-17-20, 03:17 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
_All_ systems do an arming delay, even in "away" and "instant" modes. You can't turn it off. It's a anti false alarm feature.

It's not a "bug". it's a feature...

Old 09-17-20, 03:26 PM
R
ok. It was the same on my old GE alarm. But I though instant would apply to all perimeter entry. Makes no sense there would be a delay on a perimeter when set for stay. can one change the delay time differently
for stay vs away?

Old 09-17-20, 03:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
You aren't inquiring about the arming countdown. Your inquiring once the alarm is set.... correct ?

On the Bosch systems I install there are two "stay" modes.
1) Part On (stay), Instant
2) Part On (stay) (with delay)

The instant means any zone violation is an immediate alarm.
With delay means there is a 30 second delay before alarm.

The delayed mode is used when someone is home, wants the alarm set but someone will be coming in later. When in instant..... no one can enter the premises without setting off the alarm.

I don't know if this pertains to your system but at least you know what it's called.

Old 09-17-20, 03:40 PM
R
Yes thats right. Im referring to once the alarm is set.
There is a setting in the QolSys for "no delay" on "Arm Stay" and its checked by default but I still get a 30 second delay on the entry door before the alarm goes off.

Old 09-17-20, 03:44 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The no-delay is for opening, not for arming. Seriously, you can't remove the arming delay.

Old 09-17-20, 04:15 PM
R
Problem solved. At each time of arming for "Arm Stay" you slide the screen to the right and there is a setting to turn off the delay so now the entire perimeter is instant. The inconvenience is a slightly more involved method to arm, push, slide, push.. I have a short video but I cannot upload it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: